Will you join me in building a well in Tanzania? Learn More (5 days left!)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Foreign Language Journals [IMPLEMENTED]

7 posts in this topic

Posted

It finally happened. Our kind polish community grew so large that a member started a journal in his native language aside from his already started journal in English. I believe this is essentially a good thing and should be encouraged.

So why not add a subforum for journals in other languages in the Daily Journals section? A journal in English should always have priority (for practicality, since it's our common nexus), but being able to express ourselves in our respective languages could help people a lot.

Thoughts?

1 person likes this

Posted

We have two options:

1. Have a subforum for all foreign journals.

2. Once a "foreign" community is large enough, create a forum for themselves. For instance, we could create a Poland forum. Journals and all other threads in polish could go in there. And as that forum activity grows, we could add subforums as needed.

Thoughts?

1 person likes this

Posted

I choose number 1.

You can then still expand to 1.+2. if the forum explodes, and no one gets alienated.

I like explosions!

Posted (edited)

I'd go for 1 as well. Make sure you encourage the members to visit the english language forums as well if for nothing else to see that they are not alone and that the issue is global. They might also learn new language that way which is already a great productive hobby to take on :) 

Also, be able to change your country of origin. I've been assigned UK but I'm Hungarian D: What about people with dual nationalities? 

-Cs

Edited by Csaba_Bekesi
My first arguement contradicted itself
1 person likes this

Posted

Also, be able to change your country of origin. I've been assigned UK but I'm Hungarian D: What about people with dual nationalities? 

Can you go into your Account Settings and see if there's a TAB that allows you to change your country origin? 

Posted

Can you go into your Account Settings and see if there's a TAB that allows you to change your country origin? 

If there is one I'm not finding it

1 person likes this

Posted

If there is one I'm not finding it

Thanks will look into it.