NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

My intro

none239

Hi I'm David, ironically enough none239 was my old gaming handle, and I'm here because I've spent most the last 24 of my 29 years of life playing video games. I play video games more than I spend time with my family. I spend more time playing video games than I spend on dealing with my chronic depression. I've spent so much time playing video games over the past three months  that I'm in danger of getting evicted from the house I'm renting. These are my three reasons for joining this forum and why I want to finally quit.

One of the reasons you're playing is to escape from that feeling of depression ("temporary escape"). Family can really help you to get through anything, if they are worth your time, and by the way you talk you want to try. And heck, a kick in your door can be a really good motivator, if anything else fails. You're set. Welcome to the forum!

I know how you feel David. I have done the same things that you have I spent 14 years out of my 20 years of life so far on games mainly or just on the computer in general. I used to spend about 14- 16 hours a day just playing any time of game, usually I would jump from one game to the other because I have ADD. Instead of spend the last few years with my mom as much as I could I was playing video games simply because I didn't want to see that she was in so much pain, but I did play football for her too. But now that she is gone I would have thought I would have stopped playing and taking college more serious than I am now. The problem is I can not take anything seriously. But now that I stop the addiction to games I have realized all the things I could have done differently. It is never too late to take your life back.