New Video: Unleash Your Potential with These Productivity Secrets

Time for something new

143 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Day 6 of 90

Things have been rather quiet the past couple of days. I've been working mostly and haven't thought about gaming at all. I've even been able to start at least one of the things on my list of things I want to do. I've been able to increase the amount of reading that I do. I've even thought of listening to it as well and that will help as well.

Things I Want To Accomplish:

- Start a workout routine(Started)

- Become more organized 

- Become fluent in Japanese 

- Do more reading(Started)

Quitting gaming is not easy but I will continue to fight and not give up so easily as I did before. I'm going to take things one step at a time.

Edited by Stevec2283
2 people like this

Posted

Quitting gaming is not easy but I will continue to fight and not give up so easily as I did before. I'm going to take things one step at a time.

Great attitude!

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello mate!

What is your substitute to video games? I mean, what exactly are you going to do instead of humming themes and thinking about it a lot?

Give me at least 2 examples for 3 type of activities, which are:

• Mentally engaging
  • Social
  • Resting

Can't wait to see you're dealing with my quest! :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Posted (edited)

Day 7 of 90

Today hasn't really been any different from any other day. I haven't had any urges for gaming even though I was around implements of gaming at work. It got me thinking about how much money people spend each year on something that is the biggest time waster. 

Why do something that doesn't accomplish anything when you can do something meaningful.

I will keep working towards reaching my first goal which is to complete the 90 day detox and I will also work other smaller goals in around that.

"Time is something that cannot be regained, so use your time wisely."

Edited by Stevec2283
2 people like this

Posted

Glad you rejoined after your relapse! I´m going to keep tabs on you, love your fighting attitude!

1 person likes this

Posted

Glad you rejoined after your relapse! I´m going to keep tabs on you, love your fighting attitude!

Thanks for the support and I will help you in any way I can

Posted (edited)

Day 8 of 90

I woke up this morning at around 9:30 am so I slept in a little bit but I thought, well there's not really much to do because the weather isn't all that great. 

So far today, I've done some reading and I also just finished my workout. I feel a whole lot better than I would be if I were gaming.

My thoughts have been on anything but gaming. I continue to say to myself that gaming is nothing more than a waste of time. Gaming companies know exactly how to reel you in, be it through sequels to games or updates to online games. I refuse to allow myself to be reeled in by them anymore.

Hope you all have a great day and continue to fight to reach your goals.

Edited by Stevec2283
3 people like this

Posted

So far today, I've done some reading and I also just finished my workout. I feel a whole lot better than I would be if I were gaming.

Great job Steve!

Posted

Day 9 of 90

Today was another good day,I didn't really thing about gaming. Didn't really do a whole lot today besides work, and at work  I was exposed to gaming but as I did before I thought about how much of a waste of time that it is. But that being said, there were some urges for gaming and it can be tough but I have to keep on fighting.

Other than working I did some reading but I also wasted time watching random videos on YouTube. This is something that I really have to work on because even though I'm not gaming, at the same time I'm not being productive either. I know what I should do but I'm not doing it. If I'm going to be watching videos on YouTube then I should at least be learning something. 

Hopefully tomorrow will be a more productive day and I will use my time more wisely.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey it is good that you know what you should do. That's an important step. I think it helps a bit to set daily goals. Otherwise you never will be content with the stuff you done (there is always more). I use this routine to plan my day. I try to set 10 productive pomodoros as a goal. If I manage to them my day was good. If not I should procrastianted less. It is "only" 5 hours of productive work but enough to be mildly challenging(I have other stuff to do which doesn't count as writing emails etc. and I am prone to procrastinating). But I found it most important to set the pomodoro count so low that it was only mildly challenging. Otherwise I would start to delay tasks and push them to the next day. With realistic goals for th day I am way mroe content about the day. And this is important for me to stay consistent. If you haven't read the book I would recommend "The slight edge". It demonstrates the power and importance of consistency. I think His ideas would help you a lot.

Posted

Day 12 of 90

Not much has been happening lately but I'm still not gaming. I'm starting to feel like I felt before my last relapse though. I feel as if I'm on an emotional roller coaster that I can't get off of.  Sometimes I feel good and other times I feel as if I'm at a low point. I've got a lot of things going on right now and it feels as if I'm going in many different directions.

So far today I haven't done much, it has been a pretty unproductive day. This morning I left the house and went and got a coffee but only just to waste time and try to get my emotions in check. 

Later I will do some reading and I also have to work this evening. So hopefully my day starts to get better later on. 

Sorry for my rant, I thought that it would be best to express myself.

1 person likes this

Posted

Day 12 of 90

Not much has been happening lately but I'm still not gaming. I'm starting to feel like I felt before my last relapse though. I feel as if I'm on an emotional roller coaster that I can't get off of.  Sometimes I feel good and other times I feel as if I'm at a low point. I've got a lot of things going on right now and it feels as if I'm going in many different directions.

So far today I haven't done much, it has been a pretty unproductive day. This morning I left the house and went and got a coffee but only just to waste time and try to get my emotions in check. 

Later I will do some reading and I also have to work this evening. So hopefully my day starts to get better later on. 

Sorry for my rant, I thought that it would be best to express myself.

I've had a very rollercoastery experience so far, I understand you pain. But it will get easier. Remember that you are not your emotions, you have emotions. And you can learn to master them. It takes practice however. Also if going out for coffee calms you down, I don't think it's a waste of time per se. I personally go for bike rides and walks if I feel overwhelmed, normally I come back refreshed and much calmer. If you go for coffee and come back in the same emotional state, then I agree it's a waste of time.

Stay strong!

Posted

@Mhyrion I just feel like I'm overwhelmed with everything that's going on and that maybe I should just take a step back and figure out if I'm perhaps trying to take on too many things at once.

I have some personal struggles that I'm working on as well, so at times I feel as if maybe I need to prioritize what I need to work out first. Maybe it's just my mind trying to tell me to do something that I shouldn't and maybe it's trying to tell me that it's ok to be gaming so that you can deal with the stress of everything. 

I want to be successful but at the same time I feel as if the stress of everything that I'm dealing with is weighing me down.

Posted

The question is not only what you prioritize but also if it will help you to game again. As I see it you have now more time to deal with your private issues be´cause you don't game.

Would gaming now really have a positive inpact on the other Areas of your life? In my experience to escape into gaming isn't as pleasant as you imagine. Me personally did it always stress more to game then not to game (ofcourse I still wanted too). Especially if things got hard and difficult I couldn't totally escape into gaming anymore. That was one reason why I quit in the first place. It seems to me like you Need another activity where you get temporary escape where oyu can relax a Little bit. How about listening to audiobooks or watching documentations? Sure this isn't "productive" but it also can take your mind from problems for some time and usually doesn't is as stressful as gaming.

Posted

@WorkInProgress

I agree, maybe by prioritizing it might help me to game again. I also think that I have more free time to deal with the issues I'm dealing with. 

I know that by gaming that my situation is not going to change but I'm looking for something to help with the stress. When I was gaming, I could temporarily disconnect from things that were stressful and relax but since I've quit gaming it seems as if I'm having difficulty making the adjustment.

It's just so frustrating and overwhelming with the combination of everything that's going on in my life.

1 person likes this