NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Time for something new

Stevec2283

This is my first entry in my daily journal. Later today will be a full 24 hrs without gaming. I've tried a couple of times in the past to stop but with minimal success. I would stop for a few weeks and then I would go right back to gaming. I would also try to find excuses to go back to gaming.

My first goal is to complete a 90 day detox from gaming and then I want to take that momentum and keep moving forward. I know that there are going to be good days and bad days but I'll just take it one day at a time.

I'd appreciate all the support I can get and in return I'll also give support.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stevec,

Welcome to the community. I'm in the same boat as you, having quit for a while to start again weeks later. 
There are many resources on here to help you refrain from gaming. I'm interested to see how you will pick this up.

Good luck.

It's now  12:30 AM and I should be sleeping but I decided to write in my journal instead. 

Day 1 went well but there were times that I experienced some boredom but I managed to find other activities to occupy my time rather than gaming. So rather than falling into the trap of gaming I spent time reading, playing guitar and also watched a couple of movies. I'm hoping to eventually work more of a variety of activities into my daily routine.

Hoping that day 2 will be just as successful but will take it one step at a time and learn to be in control rather than letting gaming control me.

Woke up at around 8:45 AM and went out to shovel the driveway, took me about an hour but that's better than spending an hour at gaming. I have a few other things to do today, might even get out of the house for awhile and get a coffee. 

Hope you all have a great day and keep up the fight.????

Edited by Stevec2283

It's now  12:30 AM and I should be sleeping but I decided to write in my journal instead. 

Day 1 went well but there were times that I experienced some boredom but I managed to find other activities to occupy my time rather than gaming. So rather than falling into the trap of gaming I spent time reading, playing guitar and also watched a couple of movies. I'm hoping to eventually work more of a variety of activities into my daily routine.

Hoping that day 2 will be just as successful but will take it one step at a time and learn to be in control rather than letting gaming control me.

Hope you all have a great day and keep up the fight.????

Awesome first day. Focus one day at a time. Happy New Year!

Another successful day that I was able to stay away from gaming. I occupied my time with other things and got out of the house for awhile.

I think that by learning new things is one way to keep yourself away from gaming. So today I decided to start learning html. I haven't done anything with html since I was in school. I'm going to try to learn Web Design.

So tomorrow is day 3, hopefully it goes well. Tomorrow should be ok, I won't be home much because I'll be at work until in the evening.

Night everyone!!!

I think that by learning new things is one way to keep yourself away from gaming. So today I decided to start learning html. I haven't done anything with html since I was in school. I'm going to try to learn Web Design.

Absolutely! Learning is engaging and engagement is one of the things you like in games. So if you're engaging in other things, you aren't as worried about games. :)

Day 3 is almost over....Most of my day wasn't spent in the house because I was at work so I didn't have time to even think about gaming or even if I did I wouldn't be able to act on it until I got home. Today was a pretty quiet day, but was a successful one.

I've been thinking that I may start doing a Vlog to update you guys on my progress and I plan on trying to focus more time on another hobby that I have which is learning Japanese.

Night everyone, keep on fighting to reach your goals 

It is now Day 5 and I feel as if I'm picking up momentum, I haven't really had any cravings for gaming but I'm not going to count that out yet. I'm not going to become too overconfident because just when I think things are going well, things can change and I'm willing to roll with it and take it as it comes. One thing I do find is that I sometimes have stop myself because I start humming video game themes xD

I'm trying to incorporate more things into my daily routine so I can drown out any idea of playing video games. I know that it will be a long journey but I know that in the end I will only better myself rather than hold myself back with the biggest time waster, that being video games.

Hope you all have a great day and keep fighting for your goals.

Day 6 

Today went well, just got home from work a little while ago so I didn't have any time to think about gaming. 

So tomorrow will be 7 days without gaming and I've been doing good. I've had a few times that I've been a little bored but for the most part I've been able to find things to occupy my time. 

I plan to continue on and fight no matter what, I no longer want to live in some fantasy world, but as my signature says Leave the Pixel World and Enter the Real World. I want to live life in the real world and to better myself rather than hold myself back with gaming.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day

Day 8

Yesterday was a good day, no thoughts of gaming because I kept myself occupied with work and then when I got home I did things that would keep my mind away from gaming also.

Today has been a pretty quiet day, had to shovel snow this morning and then this afternoon I spent some time on the internet and also worked on my resume because I'm going to apply for a new job. 

This evening I will probably spend some time reading and may watch some TV. 

So today has been going good and I haven't had any urges for gaming. I'm going to keep fighting no matter what and not allow myself to get caught up in gaming anymore.

One thing that I have been neglecting though is myself in that over the last few years I've been letting myself go. At one point I was getting myself back in shape and I was doing quite well, but then I started to neglect exercise and eat poorly and the weight has been slowly creeping back on. Sorry for the rant but a goal I want to set for myself with the time I'm gaining from not gaming is to start working towards getting myself in shape.

Keep up the fight and work towards reaching your goals.

Day 10

Today is going good so far, went out and got a coffee and some breakfast at Tim Horton's. Also took in one of my hobbies which is learning Japanese. I haven't had an urges for gaming so far today. This afternoon I have a few things to do that will keep myself occupied so I don't think about gaming. 

I've also been working so it helps so that I don't have the chance to think about gaming either but I will have the next few days off so I have to find ways to occupy my time. 

Since I've quit gaming I've found that I have more time to do things that I would have otherwise neglected for awhile. I still struggle with procrastinating about certain tasks but I guess over time I'll only get better at getting things done.

It's only been a little over a week and I feel better since I've quit gaming but sometimes I find myself spending a fair bit of time on the internet( ie. YouTube), this is something I also have to work on. Time is so precious and has to be used in meaningful ways. I have to find more meaningful activities to pursue.

I will keep working at making the changes. I know that it won't be easy but I won't give up. 

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Day 11

I don't really know what it is about today but I have been finding it rather difficult and have had urges for gaming. I've been able to fight them but it has been quite frustrating. I've been fighting with myself. I've been saying, maybe a little gaming wouldn't hurt but then I've thought about what I've been able to do so far. 

I'm really struggling and having a tough time.

Sorry for the rant but I feel as if my emotions are pulling me in two different directions. One part of me says to keep gaming and the other says to stop. I need to not let my emotions get the better of me. I know that it's not easy, but at times I feel like quitting and then I think that if I give in to the pressure  that I would be a failure. 

Anyway I will keep you posted on how things work out.

Edited by Stevec2283

Hey sorry to hear that you struggling. Remember that you made a commitment to yourself to do 90days. Everytime we break a promise to ourselves our self-esteem is lowered another Inch. Sticking to this detox helped me alot to be more confident in myself. Don't lie to yourself and do Keep gong. After the detox there is enough time to think about going back to gaming