Will you join me in building a well in Tanzania? Learn More (5 days left!)

Mhyrions journey

220 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow congratulations way to go!

1 person likes this

Posted

Congrats bro! Well done!!! What an achievement :D

1 person likes this

Posted

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Last Saturday I played a gamified boardgame with hubby on my laptop. I noticed the following days that my brain keeps returning attention towards it, so I've come to the conclusion I am not ready for it. Even though I never played digital boardgames and normal boardgames are totally fine, the happy reward sounds and such are apparently too strongly linked to the whole gaming experience. It was worth a try, hubby and I both love playing board games but many are not enjoyable with two players.  I could/should perhaps maybe make a goal out of finding boardgame friends sometime instead of trying a digital one......

Besides that, my life is total madness right now. I have not been this productive ever. I have also not been this tired and stressed ever. Although the stress levels are more like waves and if it's a very high wave, I just take a moment. My current state isn't very healthy, but it will soon be over, so it's acceptable to live like this for now. Failing is not an option. Crashing is neither. I am doing things I didn't thought I was (this) able at. Like working while stressed. Being productive even when tired and unfocused. Asking loads of people for help. Making tons of decisions (and not regretting them but just go with em and make them work). Making a schedule and sticking to it like bees to honey. Staying positive and patient when things go wrong. In two and a half weeks I can add: actually finishing a creative project instead of procrastinating on it forever or not taking the time on the finishing touches in the end. Looking forward to that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Besides that, my life is total madness right now. I have not been this productive ever. I have also not been this tired and stressed ever. Although the stress levels are more like waves and if it's a very high wave, I just take a moment. My current state isn't very healthy, but it will soon be over, so it's acceptable to live like this for now. Failing is not an option. Crashing is neither. I am doing things I didn't thought I was (this) able at. Like working while stressed. Being productive even when tired and unfocused. Asking loads of people for help. Making tons of decisions (and not regretting them but just go with em and make them work). Making a schedule and sticking to it like bees to honey. Staying positive and patient when things go wrong. In two and a half weeks I can add: actually finishing a creative project instead of procrastinating on it forever or not taking the time on the finishing touches in the end. Looking forward to that.

:D:D:D:D

1 person likes this

Posted

It was worth a try, hubby and I both love playing board games but many are not enjoyable with two players.

Hi Mhyrion, late congrats on 90 days! Have you tried co-op boardgames with your hubby? I've had a lot of fun with Pandemic with just 2 players, and I'd imagine many other coop's would work just fine for 2.

Posted

@Random I heard someone else about that boardgame too. Perhaps worth a try then :)

---

Today didn't go as planned at all, I tried to salvage what I could in terms of productivity, but it was frustrating all the way through. My thoughts where constantly going places, zoning out. The atmosphere at the academy was so tense it made me anxious and I left halfway through the day. I need to find a way to deal with the tenseness of the atmosphere, because I am assuming it will stay with about 100 persons getting close to their graduation deadlines. Perhaps music. I did take a quick look at my exhibition spot today, and it's pretty neat. I can surely make it work, only some minor issues came up.

I've been super emotional lately. Right now. It comes and goes. I am certainly not in control. I criedlaughed a big part of Saturday night and talked with hubby. A lot came up -I don't think I made much sense though-. There are a so many things I haven't allowed myself to feel, to do, to be. And things I have allowed myself to do and be that I find repulsive. The strong waves of emotions makes me want to go in hiding, yet I do not have time for it so I face them and fail at that.  Is crying and laughing uncontrollably failing? I guess I get to decide that, but I do not know. Two more weeks of madness and I have time to find more clarity.

And again, when tired, more game related stuff seems to come up. I am not even bothered anymore having a voice line of a character pop up in my head (sometimes, the timing is even funny..).

Posted

I am going insane, so let's write some things of my chest. 3 more days and the worst is over. I encountered some last-minute troubles, I hope I can fix it in time. I am slightly behind schedule due to that. Also because I scheduled for myself if I were a machine. I am not. So I took some time to relax this weekend, try and charge my batteries. It was a partial succes. I really made insane hours last week, next three days I need to keep that up. After that I can take it just a bit easier. Today I am dependent on other people, which is nessesary but very inconvenient at the same time. I hope I don't end up waiting around, but it's out of my control.

Meanwhile, I haven't been taken care of my body, and I am feeling the effects of that. I either didn't eat or eat some to-go stuff the past weeks and the times I did cook, I was so tired it was absolute garbage. Needless to say, my belly isn't in a happy place right now. Also my feet are starting to fail, I am dropping things at random because of tiredness and I grated my fingers. Having a normal conversation also seems to be vèry difficult. Oh and there's this high beeeeeeeep tone in my ears at times. I am ignoring all that right now and it feels wrong, wrong, wrong, but I honestly am not going to fail graduation this time.

2 people like this

Posted

The juice will be worth the squeeze!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Keep it up! Don't abandon all your previous efforts!

It's only you that can handle your issues, you are the person who can face it in your life!

Edited by Tom2
add another sentence
1 person likes this