Will you join me in building a well in Tanzania? Learn More

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

30/M - Cold Turkey Quitting

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm a 30 year old male business owner living in the United States in the Midwest. I am happily married and enjoy a variety of hobbies that I have not connected with in some time due to my gaming addiction. Some of the hobbies I enjoy (or would like to start enjoying again) are crafts such as Blacksmithing/Metalworking, Woodworking, Leatherwork, and then there are the more strenuous interests like general exercise, climbing, travel, and backpacking.

My wife and I are very avid backpackers (both city-style hostel living and wilderness), and some of the best feelings I have are when I'm completely disconnected from all technology as I am on the trail or exploring. Unfortunately, when I come back from my trips which span from either an overnight or two, to 2 weeks out in the wilderness, to a month bussing around a few countries, I get back into my slump. I want to explore my desire to be outdoors more and living life to it's fullest.

As a career, I run a software business where I provide design, development, and consulting work. I have been in the field for 10 years, starting on the hardware side and eventually going to the software side. I tell people that I have done almost everything under the hood, I've specc'ed and built servers, managed linux and windows systems, consulted technically on things such as security, design, operations, etc. In my career I have ran the gamut on all things technical, and that's why I decided to start my own business. My ideal situation with the business will be to have my own product and services that I sell to users. I am pretty business savvy but am still learning a lot and enjoy reading business type books, I enjoy talking general business practices, laws, Additionally, I also am fond of financial responsibility. I am the president of a local investment club that is fairly successful (and public with it's information). Again, an odd interest but an interest in itself. I guess I just like numbers too much :)

I'm also a strong advocate for things such as animal rights and farming practices (read: feed lots), global warming, green energy and supporting local businesses.

Ideally, I would like to find someone my same gender, around my same age, and has some similar interests as I do, but really I'm just looking for someone to have some good conversation with and to help each other out in avoiding this addiction and time sink.

I'd like to do either video or phone calls via Skype/Google Hangout. At first, maybe once every two days, but perhaps once a day. I'm not sure what frequency it should be, but we can figure out something that works best for both of us.

2 people like this

Posted

Have you found a partner yet?