Looking for a coach? Apply here to work with Cam 1 on 1.

Grieving

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I was trying to find my journal on my computer.  I didn't find it.  I did find some writings I had been working on a long time ago before getting involved with Ryzom.

One of those writings was an article I had started working on for Grieving.

I thought these points might interest others as they are very similar to the grieving we are doing over the game.  Please feel free to add your points too :)

Things not to do after a loved one has passed away.

1. Listen to a recording of their voice or watch a video of them over and over.

2. Read old letters, notes, lists over and over.

3. Keep their possessions lying around.

4. Fall into a habit of using drugs or getting drunk.

5. Feel guilty over telling everyone you meet that they are gone.

6. Isolate.

7. Take anti-depressants.

8. Escape into video games.

9. Blame someone for their death.

10. Forget them or stop loving them.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'll never forget witcher 3, skyrim, dark souls 2 or shadow of mordor. I'd like to get back to these games a little bit in the future and play in moderation. The thing with RPGs is you play the shit out of them once and then put them down for a while. Like a good book.

Edited by Schwing
2 people like this

Posted

I'll never forget witcher 3, skyrim, dark souls 2 or shadow of mordor. I'd like to get back to these games a little bit in the future and play in moderation. The thing with RPGs is you play the shit out of them once and then put them down for a while. Like a good book.

So true. I often find it hilarious when some people are telling that RPG'S have no end and are addictive as f*ck, I don't find that true, I'm bored easier with them xD

1 person likes this

Posted

So true. I often find it hilarious when some people are telling that RPG'S have no end and are addictive as f*ck, I don't find that true, I'm bored easier with them xD

Yup. I always found that with single player games they are a lot more peaceful and you don't feel pushed to play more unlike with MMOs. 

Posted

I noticed the same effect for me with single player RPG games... There were times where I could binge a game for a week or so and then *poof*  from one day to the other all the motivation and lust for that game was just gone. I hardly ever finished a game... in my life, same goes for books and even movies and series to some extend. Even if they were super exiting

I still don't know why that is so.

Still I doubt moderation is in any way possible for me at this point of my life. I still procrastinate important tasks way too much. At least programming turned out to be something fun and scratching that "game itch" for some odd reason

1 person likes this