NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I won't quit gaming.

toad52

Hi,

First I will ask you to not instalock this topic and only reply with constructive criticism.
Yesterday, I was browsing on the internet and I saw this article : http://kingpinlifestyle.com/how-to-quit-playing-video-games/ . 

You’re here because you want to quit playing video games.

I have to admit that I ignored this... But anyway, let's continue. I advance in your website and find some stuff there and there about leaving video games.

Your system have some flaws :
For example on a video you said to your users to DELETE all their games. If they really need to delete all their game to say "I quit gaming" for me I guess that the reason to quit gaming isn't strong enough...
One day I read on a health forum someone asking to stop smoking what advice have been given ? They didn't say hide all your cigarettes and destroy them, no, no, no on the contrary they said to try to keep a packet of cigarettes in a cupboard, so this person is REALLY stoping smoking and is doing it by it's own, not because it's forced. I guess you should do the same in your method, stopping gaming should be your own decision. When you are seeing men who aren't playing video games, how will they react if they see video games ? They do not care about it, that's all. In fact, you should be the same when we've finished your program right ? I do not think, I haven't tried it but I guess it...

The 2nd problem with your website is that your are "forcing" people to stop video games once they enter in your site Cam, you use aggressives techniques (with videos or text) to make sure that if somebody is entering on your website, their mind wouldn't change, they won't want to continue, they'll feel injured.

To finish off, I would just say that if I want to stop gaming I'll do it, but for the moment I don't see problem with it (feel free to hate the community) because I'm not playing 24/24 7/7 .

If somebody agree or doesn't agree with me don't hesitate to tell me, I'll be happy to get your returns.

Edited by toad52

Do whatever you want. This site is for people unhappy with their gaming/ internet addiction habits. If you feel that quitting games isn't for you after giving it some thought it was worth the effort to ascertain that.

Some people need encouragement to break bad habits. That's what the community here is for. Not everybody has it in themselves to make the change on their own and don't know where to start. So people here point them towards resources and give them advice to get them started in hopes that they find the strength within themselves to make the change. It's not aggressive coercion it's healthy encouragement.

As for your criticism towards the "delete all your games method", I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because there isn't really 1 right way of quitting.

If gaming isn't a problem for you then that's great. But if you just listen to the stories of some of the people on this site you will see that gaming addiction is a very real problem

When you are seeing men who aren't playing video games, how will they react if they see video games ? They do not care about it, that's all. In fact, you should be the same when we've finished your program right ? I do not think, I haven't tried it but I guess it...

This would be ideal. The thing is the services gamequitters provides are not just 1 thing. And we do not assume that one guy's way is the only way. Many people come here and talk and share their different perspectives and we often discuss alternate self development material. Gamequitters is far from being a perfect handbook to quitting games and enriching lives.

Edited by Schwing

Hello Toad.

First off: No one is forced into ANYTHING here. And there are no "aggressive techniques", only progressive and attentive ones to quit gaming and help gamers who want to quit gaming, quit successfully and begin change in their life. This website is for people who want to quit gaming, or are curious or interested in doing so, so you being here otherwise makes no sense, especially if you're just going to spew garbage on a system built for quitting video games, and saying things like "feel free to hate the community". I don't think you realize that you just walked INTO a community, where there are a whole group of people backing this community and the things within it, nobody here is hating this community aside from you, so you sir are certainly walking into this situation completely unaware and blinded to these facts apparently.                                             

Also quitting cigarettes and quitting video games are two different things entirely, one is psychological and the other is an actual addiction to a substance, Nicotine, however I will mention too that you can quit cigarettes cold turkey, many people have, despite what the "doctor" says. And the same thing for video games, actually quitting and deleting all my games was my decision(which I do not regret, but was a choice that really freed me from going backwards), not Cam Adair's so called "aggressive techniques", he simply inspired change in my life. Cam shows compassion and love, and deals with this community as such, he has inspired many more people than myself, and from what I've seen people who have followed Cam's advice are living happier lives(myself included).

Nothing here is forced onto anyone, and anyone who wants to play games again or not quit games very well can. Cam does not get everybody's addresses and phone numbers and harass them all day long to keep them from playing video games. He's not hiding on the ceiling in my living room holding a police baton ready to take me out if I walk in the room and start playing some games. He's not investigating where all my money is spent, and how much time I spend wherever I do in my life. I think you get the point. Before making a statement such as yours, step back and ask yourself, "are my observations even true?" because they were all false. You are welcome to leave, or stay, quit gaming or not. That is all up to you sir.

Will you choose the red pill, or the blue pill? Will you enter the matrix, or choose to leave it? You decide.

Happy birthday in hindsight, Arthur. Alright, now:

I did not take the time to read the other replies, but somehow I feel the urge to post one myself.

First of all, the idea of deleting the games is a very helpful technique. If you are actually addicted, having your drug a click away is pretty tempting. Everybody has moments of weakness and they can lead to relapses. The idea of keeping a pack of cigarettes is nice but to be entirely honest, I believe it is more destructive than productive. I never read that an alcoholic should keep a bottle of whiskey in his closet, just to train his or her willpower. Because, when you need time to get to your drug, you have an actual chance to rethink your behavior and withstand the temptation. It all makes sense.

Also, the moment a person admits that this or that behavior is an actual problem, he or she is taking the first step to change this behavior. In addition to that, everybody here took the step to register and post. That means, everybody has DECIDED to be here, even took the necessary obstacles to be part of this community. Everybody here is a volunteer. People who do not want to quit games can still roam the forums, but there wont be many interesting things to find, since this is about quitting games.

Calling these observations of yours "flaws" is kind of contemptuous in my opinion. Which leads me to an entirely different topic: What was your motivation to join the community? Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to kick you out in a subtle way, but I do not know anybody that joins the gym to tell people that there might be flaws in their ways to train. I just wonder, what brought you here? What made you take the steps to register and what made you take the time to post? So, just think about it: What war your motivation to join? Could it be that your sub-conscious does actually believe you should reduce the amount of "games" in your life? You might not play 24/7, but I have the feeling, that you are here for a reason. Let me be entirely honest and always keep in mind, I can be completely wrong:

Your nick is toad52. You could choose any name, any nickname or whatever, but you choose to identify with Toad from Mario Bros. You were 8(!) when you registered in an online forum and created your first online forum dedicated to Smash Bros and you post a message in there every second day. You say that "you would quit playing games if you would see it as a problem". Like I said, no offense and everything I state could be wrong. BUT, this is what many of us have in common, an experience we all share: A childhood filled with video games to an absurd level and a long period of time that we told ourselves, it won't be a problem. Somehow, I even have the feeling that you aren't here to give thoughts on how to improve this site, but to convince yourself that you do not have a problem with video games at all. It is a certain pattern of thinking that many people show: "If I can show others and myself that this certain system has flaws, it means the system is false and thus, I do not have a problem". I did that a lot! "I do not smoke a lot. It is the weekend, it is okay to play all night long. Today wasn't the perfect day to do this, so I will do it tomorrow" and so on and so forth. You know, this is one of the things that this site is about: Procrastination. Because all these statements are also typical statements of procrastinators. They find reasons to justify why to NOT do something.

Again: I can be entirely wrong. This is just a feeling I have. So, since it is constructive criticism that you aim for, I would like you just to think about it for a moment. You might not be addicted, but could your life benefit from reducing the amount of video game input you have? After all, you decided to join this community and to post something, well knowing that this site is about quitting games. Why did you follow the white rabbit?;) ( I saw a matrix reference somewhere on this site, so I thought I'd just hop on the train )

Edit:

Cam 

does not get everybody's addresses and phone numbers and harass them all day long to keep them from playing video games. He's not hiding on the ceiling in my living room holding a police baton ready to take me out if I walk in the room and start playing some games.

God, I can still remember the last time when I had to barricade my door to keep Cam out. xD

Edited by Robert Arctor

Happy birthday in hindsight, Arthur. Alright, now:

I did not take the time to read the other replies, but somehow I feel the urge to post one myself.

First of all, the idea of deleting the games is a very helpful technique. If you are actually addicted, having your drug a click away is pretty tempting. Everybody has moments of weakness and they can lead to relapses. The idea of keeping a pack of cigarettes is nice but to be entirely honest, I believe it is more destructive than productive. I never read that an alcoholic should keep a bottle of whiskey in his closet, just to train his or her willpower. Because, when you need time to get to your drug, you have an actual chance to rethink your behavior and withstand the temptation. It all makes sense.

Also, the moment a person admits that this or that behavior is an actual problem, he or she is taking the first step to change this behavior. In addition to that, everybody here took the step to register and post. That means, everybody has DECIDED to be here, even took the necessary obstacles to be part of this community. Everybody here is a volunteer. People who do not want to quit games can still roam the forums, but there wont be many interesting things to find, since this is about quitting games.

Calling these observations of yours "flaws" is kind of contemptuous in my opinion. Which leads me to an entirely different topic: What was your motivation to join the community? Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to kick you out in a subtle way, but I do not know anybody that joins the gym to tell people that there might be flaws in their ways to train. I just wonder, what brought you here? What made you take the steps to register and what made you take the time to post? So, just think about it: What war your motivation to join? Could it be that your sub-conscious does actually believe you should reduce the amount of "games" in your life? You might not play 24/7, but I have the feeling, that you are here for a reason. Let me be entirely honest and always keep in mind, I can be completely wrong:

Your nick is toad52. You could choose any name, any nickname or whatever, but you choose to identify with Toad from Mario Bros. You were 8(!) when you registered in an online forum and created your first online forum dedicated to Smash Bros and you post a message in there every second day. You say that "you would quit playing games if you would see it as a problem". Like I said, no offense and everything I state could be wrong. BUT, this is what many of us have in common, an experience we all share: A childhood filled with video games to an absurd level and a long period of time that we told ourselves, it won't be a problem. Somehow, I even have the feeling that you aren't here to give thoughts on how to improve this site, but to convince yourself that you do not have a problem with video games at all. It is a certain pattern of thinking that many people show: "If I can show others and myself that this certain system has flaws, it means the system is false and thus, I do not have a problem". I did that a lot! "I do not smoke a lot. It is the weekend, it is okay to play all night long. Today wasn't the perfect day to do this, so I will do it tomorrow" and so on and so forth. You know, this is one of the things that this site is about: Procrastination. Because all these statements are also typical statements of procrastinators. They find reasons to justify why to NOT do something.

Again: I can be entirely wrong. This is just a feeling I have. So, since it is constructive criticism that you aim for, I would like you just to think about it for a moment. You might not be addicted, but could your life benefit from reducing the amount of video game input you have? After all, you decided to join this community and to post something, well knowing that this site is about quitting games. Why did you follow the white rabbit?;) ( I saw a matrix reference somewhere on this site, so I thought I'd just hop on the train )

Edit:

Cam 

does not get everybody's addresses and phone numbers and harass them all day long to keep them from playing video games. He's not hiding on the ceiling in my living room holding a police baton ready to take me out if I walk in the room and start playing some games.

God, I can still remember the last time when I had to barricade my door to keep Cam out. xD

Why did you follow the white rabbit?;)

Beautiful. Oh yea lol. Cam's really someone you wanna look out the windows for.

Hi,

First I will ask you to not instalock this topic and only reply with constructive criticism.
Yesterday, I was browsing on the internet and I saw this article : http://kingpinlifestyle.com/how-to-quit-playing-video-games/ . 

You’re here because you want to quit playing video games.

I have to admit that I ignored this... But anyway, let's continue. I advance in your website and find some stuff there and there about leaving video games.

Your system have some flaws :
For example on a video you said to your users to DELETE all their games. If they really need to delete all their game to say "I quit gaming" for me I guess that the reason to quit gaming isn't strong enough...
One day I read on a health forum someone asking to stop smoking what advice have been given ? They didn't say hide all your cigarettes and destroy them, no, no, no on the contrary they said to try to keep a packet of cigarettes in a cupboard, so this person is REALLY stoping smoking and is doing it by it's own, not because it's forced. I guess you should do the same in your method, stopping gaming should be your own decision. When you are seeing men who aren't playing video games, how will they react if they see video games ? They do not care about it, that's all. In fact, you should be the same when we've finished your program right ? I do not think, I haven't tried it but I guess it...

The 2nd problem with your website is that your are "forcing" people to stop video games once they enter in your site Cam, you use aggressives techniques (with videos or text) to make sure that if somebody is entering on your website, their mind wouldn't change, they won't want to continue, they'll feel injured.

To finish off, I would just say that if I want to stop gaming I'll do it, but for the moment I don't see problem with it (feel free to hate the community) because I'm not playing 24/24 7/7 .

If somebody agree or doesn't agree with me don't hesitate to tell me, I'll be happy to get your returns.

cope harder

Edited by Tatu92

• Guest locked this topic