Will you join me in building a well in Tanzania? Learn More

Maybe in for a relapse ...

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I downloaded Minecraft yesterday, just to see how it could be any different than Netflix. Within a short time I was thinking of downloading World of Warcraft - just a few clicks away from a new account (I had deleted my previous account) I stopped myself. 

It's winter ... well, worse. It's cold without any snow. So, I'm not sure how to proceed. I used to enjoy going to runs and exploring the outdoors, but I feel a little shut-in. I'm also making a big change from self-directed entrepreneur to Director of Sales and Marketing with a national company. It's fun, but I haven't sorted out my routine yet so it's wreaking a little havoc on my schedule - meditations, running, workouts, etc.

If you have a second, I'd really appreciate a like or quick note. Just a little support in this moment of vulnerability.

#almost90days

3 people like this

Posted

yea i feel you man. its getting cold up here in canada too. try posting in a journal everyday so we can read it and keep you accountable

2 people like this

Posted

The hardest part of my 90-day detox was far and away day 70-80. The cravings that I had to return to gaming took every ounce of my willpower to overcome. But I knew that if I gave up now the last 70 days would have been for nothing. 

I reminded myself why I was doing what I was doing. I imagined how I'd feel once the 90 days was over. 

At the end of the day, if you can make it through the next day. You can make it through the next week. And I guarantee that the closer you get to 90 days it'll become easier and easier for you to resist the cravings. 

Find something to take up your time, anything. You said you liked to go running? What's stopping you, the weather? I remember when I was training for my half marathon and I had to run through torrential downpours, icy roads and even hail at one point. But once I again, I reminded myself why I did it. Pain is only temporary, and once you overcome the one thing that's stopping you, you feel so much better. And if you can do it once, you can do it again. Wear something warm, and warm up extensively. Once you get into the swing of it the cold won't even bother you. And once you take that first step out the door, you're already 50% of the way back to being in a warm house. At that point, the cold will be a distant memory. Stop making excuses. The best time to do anything was yesterday. The second best time is today.

You've got this man, we're all here for you. Don't give up now, and reap the rewards later.

3 people like this

Posted

JimmyG,

That's really awesome and I needed to hear it all. Really appreciate you being there. Thanks man!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I wanted to let you guys know that I made it and you had a large part in that. Thank you. ❤️???????? #first90 #next90

Edited by Colin
2 people like this

Posted

I wanted to let you guys know that I made it and you had a large part in that. Thank you. ❤️???????? #first90 #next90

Congrats Colin! Really proud of you man. Add your name to the list.