NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Army of one

Kiki

Thanks Mad pharmacist and Lukas listening to audio book is really a good ideaxD don't worry I only read self development book on bus. For draiwng guide books I will probably read them at home.

Thank you T! I think i have almost overcome the problem with gaming and what challenge I am facing is something even bigger. But I won't lose hope!

Day 34( challenge day 7)

Huh I nearly did nothing today. I just watched an animation film and messed around in the house. I have presentation tmr and I didnt work on it the whole day. Instead I keep checking messages and getting lost. I realised how important it is to avoid staying in the house or else I would definitely become lazy. At least I should go to the self study room near my apartment if I really don't want to go to school, although it is weird to do drawing project in that place. Just dont stay at home.

And I should have plan the day. I should plan on what I suppose to do each hour. today I desired to just watch aniation for 2 hours then head back to work straightly. Sadly it expanded to 4 hours followed by several hours of mindless browsing. I read a post from another quitter about how to plan the day and I think it will be useful to me.

Also, I realised myself become distracted after some passive entertainment (eg. Reading comics, watching animation). They are so much fun and I think I should at least read / watch some of those to be familiar with them as I decided to major in similar subjects next year. But I have cravings for watching more and more once I start watching then I may possibly ended up with doing nothing else. I was quite disturbed.

Daily mission: just don't mention it

Things I am grateful for:

-the only thing I did is to plan my winter quarter break! I have designed some effective training and figured out how to implement them. And my accountability partner is super heartwarming to give me detailed and structured suggestions and recommendations! 

Edited by Kiki

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 35&36 (challenge day 9)

I went to extra classes outside school again and I realised myself was improving! I also considered whether I should study abroad as all of my friends are going next year and they also wanted me to go with them! I am very grateful that my accountability partner are helping me too!

Thank you guys I will think about it seriously(I still have 4 months to make decision )

Day 37(challenge day 10)

today i had strong urge of watching animation when I was about to work - but I survived after 30minutes of struggling! Then I finished my work on time and went to bed! The thing I did was to do no nothing instead or find something to eat haha

Day 38 ~ 40 (challenge day0)

the quarter ends ! It's hard not to oversleep during holiday...

I was super lucky again to be invited to a group that everyone will train at designated tune! So I won't be lazy on the holiday!

Day 41~42 (challenge day 2)

Oh wow my friends are going to make their own board game called"enchanted woods" and I am responsible for designing the characters!! I think that's a extremely reasonable purpose for me to work hard during this holiday! Actually  I trained at least 5 hour a day as I attended the online drawing group. And I am going to design my first character today! And yesterday I went to my friend's house and he teached me basic operations about Maya. I am so excited.

Day 41~42 (challenge day 2)

Oh wow my friends are going to make their own board game called"enchanted woods" and I am responsible for designing the characters!! I think that's a extremely reasonable purpose for me to work hard during this holiday! Actually  I trained at least 5 hour a day as I attended the online drawing group. And I am going to design my first character today! And yesterday I went to my friend's house and he teached me basic operations about Maya. I am so excited.

So cool!

Day 45 

everything is still fine except I lost my stylus:S I will try to find it once I get home. I don't know whether I can post my ceation of the characters online but if I can I will do so^_^.

When I was creating my own character I really felt my improvement in drawing and I rarely had this feeling when I was high school. I was grateful to have the opportunity to train effectively!

Also I have fewer cravings now. I felt extremely satisfied once I did effectively trained (for drawing) and I didnt need any other entertainment anymore.

Day 54 (2-12-2016)

ok after few days of training I made several drafts about the characters lol.

they will surely be refined or redrawn so I can post it here~

In fact I think that the training provided by my friends from Internet is so useful that I don't want to go to art school anymore orz. And I am extremely reluctant to pay the tuition fee. 

creation3.thumb.png.50c77a3d6e16f4ab0632CREATION4.thumb.png.8efdcc9e423369d5493acreation4a.thumb.png.8820ede7e0df224c549creation4b.thumb.png.7d64a21199913b5a7cdCREATION5A.thumb.png.fdbf02aefb709020d63CREATION5b.thumb.png.47fc0a8bba5a675c960