NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hello everyone

Kiki

I am a 18 years old girl from Hong Kong. I loved gaming so much that I gave up my admission to Chinese medicine degree of university in Hong Kong in order to study in  international art college. I am having my foundation classes now, hoping to become a game artist. However, I realize things doesn't go my way as long as I keep the habit of playing video games. I studied science subjects in my high school and I feel extremely difficult to catch up in art college. Although I had lots of spare time when I was in high school, I spent all of them playing video games instead of sharpening my drawing skills. Even now, I always use the excuses of ‘getting inspiration from other games in order to become a great game artist’ to continuously play games and escape from my homework. My grades are far from satisfactory now and I really don't think I can achieve my goal if I keep doing things this way.

So I decide to quit video games. Although I love games and they are my main composition of life, and I am not sure whether a person who wants to become a game artist should stop gaming, I just can't see my future if I still spend 8 hours a day playing video games. I made countless commitment to myself that I should play less and do the important things first but I was failed. So the only choice for me is to quit. If my passion for games faded after quitting, I think I will major in illustration or visual effects instead or try to get admitted to other universities.

This is the second day of my quitting and I am really depressed as if I experienced a breakup. Sorry for my grammar too as English is my second language. I am trying my best to survive in international college, where most of the students are English native speakers. I wish you a nice day and let us work together for a better future!!!

Wow Kiki, I think you will have one of the hardest times since you are so often placed in situations that involves gaming. But I am also 100% convinced that you can get trough it, and you will become the strongest once you are through because you went through it all. Good luck on your non-gaming journey, and also my best wishes for your education.

Wow Kiki, I think you will have one of the hardest times since you are so often placed in situations that involves gaming. But I am also 100% convinced that you can get trough it, and you will become the strongest once you are through because you went through it all. Good luck on your non-gaming journey, and also my best wishes for your education.

Thank you for your heartwarming message :) ! Glad that I can still choose majors that unrelated to games. Let's work hard together!

Hello Kiki Welcome to the community :)

I absolutely know this feeling of " just getting inspiration" Whenever I stopped writing to game I gave myself the same excuse and to some extend it was justified since games gave me a lot of ideas to write about (mostly things I did not like and wanted to write better) - they also took away my writing time however ;)

by the way, your name reminds me of one of my most favorite childhood movies "Kikis delivery service" 

Hello Kiki Welcome to the community :)

I absolutely know this feeling of " just getting inspiration" Whenever I stopped writing to game I gave myself the same excuse and to some extend it was justified since games gave me a lot of ideas to write about (mostly things I did not like and wanted to write better) - they also took away my writing time however ;)

by the way, your name reminds me of one of my most favorite childhood movies "Kikis delivery service"

Hello streuselsturm! Thank you for writing to me! Yeah games indeed developed my interest in art. I used to drawing many fan art and I even self-published a comic of 48 pages and sold them on a comic convention lol

However, if I have to become ‘professional’ in art, I still have so many basic skills that I haven't acquired and I will not have the time and willpower to develop the skills if I still play games without self-control. I also realised that there are many other methods that I can get inspiration efficiently such as reading albums of paintings. I choose art as my future career so I guess i have to take it seriously ...

I would probably want to see your work if you share any!

(My name was inspired by sanrio's characters kiki and lala. And I like the movie too!)