Will you join me in building a well in Tanzania? Learn More (5 days left!)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

90 days game free!

2 posts in this topic

Posted

I just hit my 90 days on October 2nd. Damn it feels good!

My life has gotten more rewarding in ways that I think I could do without video games from now on. My days are more filled with things I enjoy doing, such as reading, meditating, exercising, cooking up delicious meals, and studying/listening to music. It still feels like the beginning of the journey, because now and then I do still get bored and browse the internet and watching online videos, which of course serves the same purpose as playing video games. But, it's a learning process, and with a bit of effort and determination, I will continue to improve the quality of my life, one step at a time. 

Part of me was hoping I would be able develop a healthier relationship with video games after this detox and play some games. I do believe video games are a very powerful medium for telling stories, similar to movies and books. But, I still feel triggered whenever I see something video game related, so I know to stay away. Perhaps in a year or two, or maybe never again. I can live with that. 

As Cam has mentioned many times before, this is just the beginning of the journey, and it certainly feels that way. I was thinking the other day, I am only 26, and with a little bit of luck, I will live up to 80 years or longer. What can I fill up my life with for today, tomorrow, the next year, the next 5 years, 10 years, 20, 50? It's mind boggling to try and grasp that much time, and it's incredibly beautiful. 

I want to thank Cam and this community for the guidance, and being the much needed support network for those of us who suffer from video game addiction. Thank you all! 

2 people like this

Posted

giphy.thumb.gif.07113933caad88590fad2859

So proud of you!

1 person likes this