NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi all

cordharel

Hi all

So I started gaming in the age of 6 with super mario land on the gameboy. I have played through so many games since then it's uncountable. Back then they were a mistery and so awesome!

Today in the age of 30 I have seen it all. I only watched gaming videos on youtube, read gaming magazines/blogs/whatever and I own 486 games on steam (many that I haven't played). Usually I play Dota 2 (1467 hours playtime) but it just got boring. Nothing surprises me anymore or satisfies me.

I am just not happy. My whole life is based around gaming and I am in a dead end now. Still I continue playing.

I have stopped playing games some times before but I always came back because games are awesome! But they do not satisfy me anymore.

And yes real life is boring haha! But I want to quit gaming!

What I forgot: I am quite successful in my job and school: I am doing a field of study IT bachelor right now (got 2 of 4 years already) and I work as an application engineer in a big bank. Just if you whonder. My parents have done a good job ;-)

Gaming used to be my PASSION in my life. Now I need a new one...

With friends... well... games are my actual friends :-D This may sound weird (or maybe not) but in the age of 20 I started to say "no thanks" to all my friends because I wanted to play my games (I was always the kind of person that could busy himself forever even as a child) I didn't even like to play online with friends because then you always need to wait until the game starts or you can't quit when you want... and I personally love that freedom I have that I can start/quit whatever/whenever I want on my computer. So yeah my friends slowly started not to ask me anymore if I wanted to do something... also I had this marijuana addiction from ~ 17-22 that may have lead to where I am today. But difference is... I was never into smoking marijuana by myself I just slipped into that. While I personally loved gaming and did it because I wanted to!

I could tell you some more stories like the year when my girlfriend quit the relationship for a full year because I was only sitting in front of the computer or when I was so addicted that I tried literally ANY gaming genre because I was looking for that new kick... but I think I'll save some of those for later.

Oh and by the way I am from Switzerland... If you are interested how things are here feel free to ask.

Regards
Cor

Edit: Your introductions just motivated me to write the therapy team of my school (they have an offering for people with an addiciton). Let's see how this develops...

Edited by cordharel

Hi Cor! Welcome to the club :)

Edit: Your introductions just motivated me to write the therapy team of my school (they have an offering for people with an addiciton). Let's see how this develops...

?That is a brave thing to do! I'm curious to know how it plays out (if you don't mind sharing, of course). Maybe you'll learn some tricks we could all use.