NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Journey Journal

Colin

Hope you're still doing well!

Thanks Cam - I'm doing great. No video games, no Netflix addiction anymore. Things have settled down. I attended a 3 day meditation retreat with my wife that's really changed my life and given it purpose. Actually, part of what I'm doing is changing my work life to align with my new purpose - to help others. If you'd like to talk again about how I could help with GQ or one of your other projects I'd love to connect. 

Thanks again for touching base. 

All my best

Awesome to hear! Let's connect in the next few weeks.

Sure - text or email anytime.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @Colin !

I think it's awesome that you want to help people. Reading some of your earlier posts, I could tell that gaming meant a lot to you, but an important part of moving on is finding what the hell you're going to do with yourself. I'm glad you're finding that out what that is for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Colin !

I think it's awesome that you want to help people. Reading some of your earlier posts, I could tell that gaming meant a lot to you, but an important part of moving on is finding what the hell you're going to do with yourself. I'm glad you're finding that out what that is for yourself.

Thanks Paul, sorry I'm just seeing this now. 

The retreat I went on was truly life-changing. What's your passion?

Day 39

I'm doing okay. Slow and steady. I'm having some cravings come up here and there. Some intense just recently, but after watching Module 6 I think I have some direction again. I haven't been meditating everyday anymore, writing in a gratitude journal, or really working out everyday. I run 3 times a week but I don't do something everyday and I could. (yoga, Freeletics, running, etc.)

I get my first 30 day video game free chip though and I'm looking forward to getting the 60 and 90 day versions. Then 1, 2, 3, 5, ... year chips too.

are there actual chips or badges for theae milestones ? 

Day 39

I'm doing okay. Slow and steady. I'm having some cravings come up here and there. Some intense just recently, but after watching Module 6 I think I have some direction again. I haven't been meditating everyday anymore, writing in a gratitude journal, or really working out everyday. I run 3 times a week but I don't do something everyday and I could. (yoga, Freeletics, running, etc.)

I get my first 30 day video game free chip though and I'm looking forward to getting the 60 and 90 day versions. Then 1, 2, 3, 5, ... year chips too.

https://www.recovery-world.com/proddetail.php?prod=God-centered-sos-tri-plated-aa-coins-bulk&gclid=CjwKEAiA0pDBBRCFtoPyguTh8AUSJADNWeuxTNM9Q9vN-50SuXcrKYyGLfpclUl0zUoFOmH7BXRXyBoC8grw_wcB

You can buy them for any recovery program.

Day 39

I'm attaching some virtual chips I designed. Feel free to use them where you want. If you want a different number I can do it or I've also included the Sketch file.

1Y.png

6M.png

7D.png

24H.png

30D.png

90D.png

Game Quitters Chips.sketch

Thats awesome. Thanks for taking the time to create these.

Maybe you could do them with a + symol ( i.e. 7+ days, 90+days,...) so that they represent your actual number of gamefree days, months, etc.... 

This could be a temporary solution for the badge-bot Problem(http://forum.gamequitters.com/topic/17-add-badge-as-in-reddit/?page=2#comment-11958).

Also I think it would be a great idea to share this in the "main" section of the Forum, so peopel who don't read your Journal can see and use them.

Thats awesome. Thanks for taking the time to create these.

Maybe you could do them with a + symol ( i.e. 7+ days, 90+days,...) so that they represent your actual number of gamefree days, months, etc.... 

This could be a temporary solution for the badge-bot Problem(http://forum.gamequitters.com/topic/17-add-badge-as-in-reddit/?page=2#comment-11958).

Also I think it would be a great idea to share this in the "main" section of the Forum, so peopel who don't read your Journal can see and use them.

Thanks, all good ideas. I tagged Cam in that post you linked.

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling a little like I want to go back to gaming - new job, cold weather, darker days ... they're all new reasons to game again. 

Getting some great support from the forums. It's renewing and comforting to know that I have compatriots. 

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't posted in awhile. Work is going well - lots of stressors. I stumbled a little today. I installed some iPad games and played for a few hours thinking it was the same as Netflix ... it was not. I'm writing this at 2:11 AM. That's not to say I haven't binged watch some Netflix during my "detox" but generally I'll get bored and turn it off. The games kept me occupied past the evening hump. Obviously there is a lot going on right now - a new baby on the way, new job, life struggles - but the games definitely did not help me move forward in a positive way.

In a way I'm glad this happened. It was a reaffirmation that my addiction to gaming is still too fresh and needs more time to heal. 

As not-fun as it sounds, I think I'll add some household chores to my list instead of games. 

I wasn't ready for the crash after an intense few weeks at work, the holidays, and then lots of money and time off to spend. :) 

So ... I'm staying on the wagon and thinking of you all often. #next90

Good to hear your update bro. Definitely not the same as Netflix, but your mindfulness to catch yourself is key!

Thanks man, it's a real process. It take time and experience to get good at life without gaming. 

Have you thought about what this would look like as a paid Slack group?

Good to hear your update bro. Definitely not the same as Netflix, but your mindfulness to catch yourself is key!

Thanks man, it's a real process. It take time and experience to get good at life without gaming. 

Have you thought about what this would look like as a paid Slack group?

I'm thinking of something like that, and making the BEYOND program just a monthly on-going membership instead of a specific 2-month program.