Quit for 90 Days!

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Feel very happy that I get to contribute to this thread.

I ticked over to 90 days today.

5 things I have learnt:

1) Dopamine can come from being productive as well. You don't need to be recreating to feel good, you can also feel great from accomplishing chores or tasks, or helping other people.

2) All these quotes about "living life" are talking about being in the moment. Put your phones down. Turn the tv off. Just enjoy being where you are and what you are doing. If you're not enjoying yourself, then move. Don't wish, do.

3) The flow state is a powerful thing. Gaming generates a flow state which is why you really feel like you're achieving something (spoiler: you're not). Exploiting the flow state is a force multiplier forĀ development/productivity.

4) The earlier you get up, the more you can achieve in a day. Not just based purely on extra time, but forcing yourself to get up early and get on with life puts you in a great mindset for the rest of the day, and results in you living deliberately.

5) That this is only the beginning. As cheesy as that might sound (and it's a few song lyrics), 90 days only scratches the surface. We can't stop here, it's like eating an appetiser and you need to push on for the main course.

3 people like this