New Video: Unleash Your Potential with These Productivity Secrets

A post your own articles sub-forum

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey,

I just wrote an article for myself, and I' d like to share it, but it' s kind of like an essay which I feel is very useful to me, and I would like to hear others thoughts on it too, and potentially helping them out too. I go to a bodybuilding forum as well, an they have a sub-forum, with ''post your own articles'' I found that sub-forum very usefull in my stay there on those forums, and I think it could have a valueable contribution here as well, but I don' t know what others here think about that.

Pce.

2 people like this

Posted

Totally we can do something like this. What is the topic of your article? Just curious.

Do you think this should be under the Everything Else forum?

Posted (edited)

Totally we can do something like this. What is the topic of your article? Just curious.

Do you think this should be under the Everything Else forum?

Ideals (and the importance there-of)

I don't think it should be under everything else, the reason for this is that everything else is already an ´post your own article´ kind of forum. But it lacks a seriousness to it, the sub-forum can function as a higher level thinking into the deeper aspects of life, a philosophical level of thinking if you will. For example, to the nature of addictions/escapism, the reality of life and the many faces of time, the meaning of ideals, the construction of life's reality. which I find very interesting/intrigueing. This sub-forum could also be a way for people to proces and transform what they have read into a concrete form for themselfs, and gives way for others to discuss/judge this to furthermore deepen the understanding of the person who made it, and the others who have taken notice of the theory/content somebody has created. I don't feel it has to be a forum where the ´wheel gets reinvented´, it's simply a forum where one can act out the information received form books/themselfs and to get a response about it, which gives them the essential feedback to further develop/continue their quest for meaning. That's how about I feel about it, for me, I am also writing this suggestion in a way of self-gratification, I would love to get feedback on my essay and to see the response it would get.

Alright, let me know what you decide, can't think of any more reasons for the moment.  

I hope you decide favourably

Edited by JustBeingReal
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Wonderfull, only thing thats missing is a sticky with guidelines and a bold header to match up with the other forum headers

Edit: Just wanted to say thank you, for taking my suggestion serious.

Edited by JustBeingReal
1 person likes this

Posted

Wonderfull, only thing thats missing is a sticky with guidelines and a bold header to match up with the other forum headers

If you had 3 guidelines for the forum what would they be?

Posted

Interesting, I more or less copied what the forum I use for bodybuilding has on this sub-forum

1. Has to be your own informative work, no literal copying from others and if you did use others work, give them credits.

2. No introductions

3. No links to other articles/interviews etc.

I think these rules are pretty good

Posted

@Cam Adair

My previous post was mere copy paste from the other forum, and I think i answered too much in haste, (also due to excitement) with some more thought to it, the guidelines would be.

1. Minimal 1200 words.

2. Deep personal meaning/relevance.

3. Being an ´a-hole´ in reply's is okay, aslong as the critique is constructive, not just X is bad/wrong, but why it is bad, and how you would do X differently. I find this to be important, because I find that one reason to have a deep conversation is not just to hear conformation of one's own view of reality, but also to experience contrast, which can lead to change in perspective.

One final note, the other rules are more like a way to shield off possible law suits due to not giving proper credits/rights to the publishing authors, but this should not be the focus of this sub-forum, I feel atleast, but yeah okay. I'm glad I made this post and I hope it reaches you. 

1 person likes this

Posted

thx for the suggestion. This sounds awesome.

1 person likes this

Posted

What about a "Discussion forum" with two subforums: Post Your own Articles, Tips and Advice.

Doesn't have to be like this just throwing some ideas out there.

Perhaps there's no discussion forum with the purpose of having discussions on journals?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.