NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Feedback plz: 90 Day Badge

Cam Adair

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a badge/sticker to send to people who have completed the 90 day detox. It's meant to be just something fun and as a physical reminder and way to celebrate your accomplishment.

Should it say:

"90 DAY DETOX"

or

"90 DAYS GAME FREE"

which do you feel more excited about? 

The second seems better to me, however I don't know if the whole idea is really necessary, people get positive reinforcement from either direct conversation with yourself or through other members on the forum. It also adds extra cost to game quitters as well as they will need to be shipped internationally. 

The second seems better to me, however I don't know if the whole idea is really necessary, people get positive reinforcement from either direct conversation with yourself or through other members on the forum. It also adds extra cost to game quitters as well as they will need to be shipped internationally. 

Thanks for the feedback! My vision for GQ is to have a budget to be able to do fun things like this for the community. We're not there yet but building towards it.

Thanks for the feedback! My vision for GQ is to have a budget to be able to do fun things like this for the community. We're not there yet but building towards it.

I would prefer  "90 DAYS GAME FREE", because  "90 DAY DETOX" sounds kinda bland.

Thanks!

I agree with the above, "90 days game free" sounds definitely more positive.

Thanks!

What about a tier system.  I actually prefer the second in the initial days the 0-90 dats, then moving up to a second badge with a restart number with different appearance/color/name in the post detox - Learning to be free silver perhaps.  What about those that have moved on from games and now are seriously changing their lives "Gold-life builder" and finally platinum-Lives life! because they are and they can teach. This seems like such a fluid process with so many stages.  Your long-term view might have better ideas for titles and of course it will appeal to our earning mentality!

Cris

Edited by Kad

I really like the badge counter on the sub where it shows how many days its been. I use this app called quit smoking that has a whole bunch of achievements that could apply here too. You get achievements for time (1 wk, 1 month, etc), and for money saved based on how much you smoked and price of a pack. You could ask how much people spent on average every month on games to show them how much they saved. Also time would be awesome to track in terms of how much you play. If you used to play 8 hrs a day it would at up fast. So after 3 days of abstaining you would be able to see you got a full 24 hours of your life back. Hope all that makes sense, sorry for long post. Heres the link to that app if youre interested https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EAGINsoftware.dejaloYa

PS a GQ app would be cool to access forums and videos

PPS I like the second one :) 

Edited by KrazyFace

What about a tier system.  I actually prefer the second in the initial days the 0-90 dats, then moving up to a second badge with a restart number with different appearance/color/name in the post detox - Learning to be free silver perhaps.  What about those that have moved on from games and now are seriously changing their lives "Gold-life builder" and finally platinum-Lives life! because they are and they can teach. This seems like such a fluid process with so many stages.  Your long-term view might have better ideas for titles and of course it will appeal to our earning mentality!

Cris

Thanks Cris. I have plans to have many more badges when we release the GQ app eventually.

I really like the badge counter on the sub where it shows how many days its been. I use this app called quit smoking that has a whole bunch of achievements that could apply here too. You get achievements for time (1 wk, 1 month, etc), and for money saved based on how much you smoked and price of a pack. You could ask how much people spent on average every month on games to show them how much they saved. Also time would be awesome to track in terms of how much you play. If you used to play 8 hrs a day it would at up fast. So after 3 days of abstaining you would be able to see you got a full 24 hours of your life back. Hope all that makes sense, sorry for long post. Heres the link to that app if youre interested https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EAGINsoftware.dejaloYa

PS a GQ app would be cool to access forums and videos

PPS I like the second one :) 

GQ app is part of our vision 100%. 

I like 90 days Detox, it acts as a conversation piece as well as reminding our selves to get the poison out of our body's

Thanks!

I like 90 Day Detox - just because saying "90 Days Game Free" implies you only did 90 days. Would be nice to have a separate  "Day's Free" badge that counted up beyond 90.

Agreed!

@Cam Adair

EDIT:

So other suggested a tier system too, that's fine, I agree with tier system being made, on the website however, not just on the app (I don't own a smartphone, sooo *tear drop, excluded* ) My tier system is explained below, but i got a little carried away so I already explained it in full detail, read at own risk. :D 

May I suggest my preference? I feel 1 badge is not enough, i like lots and loooots of trophies, especially if i'm like a veteran, for 2 years I wanna have it show, to impress new members and make it show that I am commited and invested and that it shows.. anyway... think of what you will. Here's my suggestion:

A small trophy (anything will do, whetever it is a square or any kind of shape. with a golden/bronze/silver or any color -> maybe make each month have a unique color) or even each week be silver, each day bronze, each month a golden trophy and make 7 bronze trophies -> 1 silver trophy, 4 silver trophies -> 1 golden trophy. 12 golden trophy's -> 1 platina, you get the picture. You can also think of size as an indicator, Big trophy=1 month, Middle= 1 week, etc, what the size represents doesn't matter, as long as it is a clear symbol/indication of what it means you achieved. You could also have the month printed on the trophy's .

This used to be one of the things, a game i played had, which might be fun here too.

To sum it up what it does, which you already aware of:

1. Shows progress

2. Rewards for continuous progress

3. Makes it visible to yourself and others of what you have achieved, and makes it desirable to also want to reach this.

4. Looks cool, adds visual spice to your avatar.

5. Allows for special badges for community-related excellence (competition, in a friendly, positive, constructive manner)

Let me know what you think, I am excited for this idea. But of course, the decision resides with you, Cam.

Edited by JustBeingReal
should read posts of others..