New Video: Unleash Your Potential with These Productivity Secrets

Stercus accidit's Journal - 90 days detox completed :D

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Day 7 

There is smth wrong with the days. it is supposed to be day 6. Oh well. I dont care writing here help me a lot.

Day 6 

I dont understand why, but I didn't experience any urge to play games. I still talk about games with my friends. I shere my thoughts with them. How should they play. What tactics are the best. I basicly shere my knowledge. There was no time when I thought about I should come to playing. 

This is kind of aannoying that we dont have another topic... The good thing is that games like Lol and hearthstone are changing so in a month I will not have enough information to talk about them. The real problem is that my friends who didn't play at all now also start to play. For me, on the other hand, it is gonna be the hardest year ever.

Long time goals list :

- Get a high score (at least represent state) in National olympiad of chemistry in US 

- practice my spanish since I have to drop it for one year.  I want to skip one level when I come back. This is out of my comfort zone since I didn't belive that I am able to learn language by my on.

-Work on my math skills. I want to be ahead of school lessons to have more time to study chemistry 

- Prepare for SAT - english, math, biology, chemistry and physics maybe 

- I have to learn biology in English by myself. Seems not that hard ha ha :D

- Become a volunteer out of my comfort zone 

- be an acitve person, do sports.

- Come back to being a true bookworm.

- I really want to study latin. I know only a couple of them. My favourite is Stercus accidit but I am not even sure if it is 100% correct.

Today hopefuly I will talk on Skype with my partner. When I dont have any problem with setting up long time goals I cant find a way to create a good day schedule. 

Today I got up early and didn't have to rush to school. I even made a green tea but I forgot about it and brushed my teeth. Meh.  School today is so boring. Nothing to do, to be scared about. Boredom is awful. And I think only about how to make myself work hard.

Oh I forgot to write it yesterday. I read a couple of chapters of the book in a row. I dont know how long I was readin.  This make me happy more them anything. I cant wait to continue reading!!!!!!  Why i didn't take the book to school. 

1 person likes this

Posted

AWesome to see your goals. What book are you reading?

Posted

I think I mentioned it only ones. It might be hard to find actually xD 
"The Iron King" Maurice Druon - it is game of thrones like historical fiction translated to English from French.  Hard to read since the language is (I guess ) kept in style of middle ages.
In a few days I am gonna start another book, but no spoilers :D

1 person likes this

Posted

True Day 7

Some important things happened during this week in mylife. I have never made so  big progress in understanding myslef as i did in this week.

I had my first talk with acc partner  @asquerade. We set up our first goals. We shared experience.  I also started to talk with @warrumin, he was a second person to ask me for acc partnership. I am glad he understands my choice and that we keep in contact with each other.

Major thing that I realised was that I was rushing to much. I am not able to study more than 30 min each subject cause I got distracted. Think about it I have never studied consistetly. Never!!! Since the first grade of primary school I didnt like doing homework or practicing anything, related to school after it ended each day. I will not be able to sit and study for more than an hour straight for a long time. But I can work on it

First important rule : Be patient and progress will come/ know and challeange your limits.

I Had been seeking and waiting for passion to come for many years. Now my idea of passion is different.

Second important rule : Work hard for success and believe in yourself, to make passion grow and be a part of you.

Third important rule : Be happy about every single thing that is changing, is different - this will be build you

For the first rule:
I will start with studying each subject for 30 min 

For the second rule:
If I will be consistent with studying and a first rule passion will be grow inside me since I have always had it there.

For the third rule:
So many things have been done differently than in the past. I didnt pay attention to them. HOwever they are the funds of the new life

What happened today?

I have been out for all day. I went to "CPR/AED Training for the Professional Rescuer and Health Care Provider" and I passed the test I am officially a professional rescuer.
I it important to say that I was "forced" to do that. This certificate is required to work as a Stuff member on Scout camp. Obtaining a new skills is so enjoying. I should do it by myself. those holidays are the perfect time to get a couple of new skills. It is also stepping out of the comfort zone. the anxiety I have from thinking about it is huge but it seems to be nonsignificant. 

I think this is it, for today. I will read "The Iron King" now dont know how long. I want to see If I can spend whole(maybe not exactly whole :D ) night reading as I used to.

1 person likes this

Posted

Day 8

In the morning I went to additional practice for life saving course. It was awesome!

After I came back home I tried to study. Didn't work. 

I am getting hyped about practicing English and Spanish by my own. I went through dozens of YouTube videos about how to learn language.
It is funny every post of mine have some goals. Lets keep that tradition
Language goals (Long term goals):

- reach native language skill in English

- be able to have an conversation in Spanish on various topics - I will not care about my grammar skills

I have so much things to tell. But only to tell....
I will first text them to my partner and then after I will be consistent for one week I will mention them.
Maybe finally I will come back with a good form of a journal. Maybe:P

Posted

Love your updates man! Great work. You're on the right path. Now all you need to do is keep going. Trust the process and have faith. You've got this!

1 person likes this

Posted

Small update.

A lot is going on. Mostly school stuff. I am fighting with my procrastination habbit. I have to admit that long daily journal is a way to procrastinate.

I had some achievements and fails. 

The biggest struggle is to not procrastinate.

Posted (edited)

It is 10th day now.

I just want to share one thought.

This a question that I am telling myself every day.
"Why I dont feel any urge to play games?" I dont think about them. I see them on youtube. I watched a commentary with a LOL's gameplay in the background. Nothing. I dont care a bout them. All of my desires are gone. 

I am happy about that. But still I cant make myself do anything important for a longer time. I have a problem with sleeping that affects my schedule cause I take long naps after school. I cant escape my comfort zone. 

Tomorrow/Today is going to be a challenge. I have work to be done. I am out of my home for entire weekend. I know that I just have to sit and do it. But I dont find any willpower.
I am not consistent. I kind of this school-year to end. It will let me focus on things that I really want to. However am I going to find energy to do them?
I have no idea.

Well i know what I am gonna talk about with @asquerade

Edited by Stercus accidit
1 person likes this

Posted

Day plan for tomorrow.

I don't have school on Friday and I really want to be productive, so here it is :D :

Wake up 5:30 - 6 am
Shower-> breakfast->clean my room->arrange my desk

7 am Do a research for final project from anatomy.- 3 hours
10 am Prepare a project's presentation - 3 hours
2 pm - prepare a speech and learn it - 3 hours

Some brakes might be included

Watch YouTube and browse the Internet for entertainment - 1 hour max.

make myself a lunch and a dinner - at some point of a day

Study for anatomy final exam - 2 hours

Make history final project - 1 hour 

Work on my English vocab and study chem - no specific time

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome job creating your plan for tomorrow. Excited to hear how it goes!

Posted

Day 12

Well, I was asking for it. Free day, procrastination and work to be done. Perfect situation for playing games before. Yes I finally faced urges. Same thoughts as always. I can be better now, I can control myself, games are funny I should come back etc. 

I didn't stick to the plan today, but I achieved the main goal - anatomy project is done - so I will take it.

Around 12 I talked with my acc partner via skype. and this made me finally start working instead of lying in a bed

I am out of home for entire weekend, so I will get rid of urges for some time.
I still have sleeping problems that mess up my day plans. Only a few days were good. 

Observation of the day

When I get a little bit tired I tend to go and lay in my bed. This makes even more "tired"/sleepy. It also applies when I face something hard while studying or doing something at home.

1 person likes this

Posted

As long as you get the main goal of your day done, and you do that each day, you will be making progress. :)

Posted (edited)

Day 16

My weekend was awesome. After sitting in my room for many days, this was so reviving. I was working from Saturday morning to Sunday late afternoon. Only physical activities in an open air with such nice people. I haven't had that good time for months. In 2 weeks I will come back there to work for 1 month and I am so hyped about it!

Anything else? not exactly. I have to clean my room. It is as messy as only my room can be. There is small win here. I dont have such a mess on my desk. So I can work better. It is still not perfect situation but..... It can do.

I have to prepare some projects for my history and anatomy class. Every second I fight with my procrastination. I am not sure who is winning. 

I stopped reading books. My bad. I am a bit scared that it is gonna be a problem. I dont want to go extreme. I dont have much time also. I want to change a couple of things after Thursday when I will stop caring about my school.

Edited by Stercus accidit

Posted

Hey gj on the two weeks! I feel it helps me a lot with my commitments if I check in here daily for reflection and to keep track of my daily goals. Mustn't be the model for you of course but in my personal experience this works wonders.

You doing great by the way!

1 person likes this

Posted

Day 17

Goals:

Dont procrastinate for at least next two days.

Prepare for anatomy final

Plan: right after school take a long nap 1 to 1.5 hour

Next clean my room and a desk. 

Study: anatomy final; post-lab disection homework; history project; history final. 

Take brakes to Prepare myself some food to eat. Take a 20 minut walk. Go to sleep before 11. 

1 person likes this