Looking for a coach? Apply here to work with Cam 1 on 1.

17 male looking for someone who wants to work on his daily schedule and develope good habbits

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am on my second day of detox and I want to rewrite this post since I was in bad mental state first time I wrote it.

I want to quit gaming completely. I have been playing playing video games for 12 years. I have never learned how to systematic in anything in my life. 
I am kind of aware how my day should look like but I would love to have someone to share my thoughts about it tell him about my achievements and hear about his or her ones also.

My goals for now are to:

- develop a schedule

- learn how to study

- find confidence

- accept who I was and not be depressed about it

I think I can say that I was a big fan of fantasy books and defenetly want to come back to them. I love listening to many kinds of rock and metal music and I would love to say that listing to that defines me as a person. I dont want to be ashamed of it and that know I know so little about it.

Edited by Stercus accidit
it was a bad time to write it. I think now I really know what I am looking for :)

Posted

Hi,

I just finished reading your journal and was impressed by your attitude and motivation to change things. Personally I'm concerned with personal growth and building confidence, because i think defining short and long term goals and working on achieving them makes it unlikely to relapse. Together we could set up weekly challenges, report back on successes and failures and encourage each other to take action.

Cheers, Tim

2 people like this

Posted

Just want to recommend The Wheel of Time series. Its fantasy adventure style. Im on book 3 out of 13 and its awesome! Good luck!

1 person likes this

Posted

Woot! 

1 person likes this

Posted

@KrazyFace I dont think what you started. If I find this series cool I will die from the lack of sleep. I start to feel more and more interest for books. I missed it. but this time I have to learn how to control it, since next 12 months are full of commitment to study hard and a lot.

Posted

I just suggested it because you said you want to come back to fantasy books but if it will turn into another addiction and hurt your schoolwork it would make sense to avoid them. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I am just kidding :D. there is nothing to fear about. Reading was an escape as the gaming was. My attitude changed, is changing and will be changing, as long as I stick to hard working every day. :P

Posted (edited)

Hey Stercus accidit, good luck with your commitments! I see that one of them is to 'learn to study'. Having recently finished my university degree, I can give you a helpful tip. You need to create a 'study zone'. In this zone you only study. In this zone you do not play, watch movies, eat or even sleep. If you need to take a break from studying, you must exit the zone. This way you will not corrupt the 'study zone', and it will become a place where your brain is trained to focus and think only of studying. Now, for me this zone was the library - there I would be motivated by others around me who are also studying. If you cannot find a library, try dedicating a whole room for studying. If you only have one room, you need to divide it. By dividing I mean you need to create a table that has nothing but books and notes. If you need your laptop to study, then make sure that when it is on that table, you only use it to study. If you need or want to do something else with the laptop, then take it elsewhere. All this might sound simple, but the results will be extensive, trust me.

Edited by Mert Gunes
spelling
2 people like this

Posted

Wow! :D Thank you. I will definitely try this out,while studying to my finals