MANCAVE: A conscious brotherhood where you will explore, expand, and elevate. Learn More

Game Quitters wallpaper?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I got inspiration from the journal by Remigijus - I hope I spelt it right? I would be a great idea to have our own game quitter motivating wallpaper, with message like Keep Calm and Quit Gaming or something to this effect. Something along the lines of these motivators for writers: https://plottingbunnies.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/15-wallpapers-for-writers/ So that people would be reminded about the detox or decision not to play any games in the future as soon as they turn their computers on. It would be good to prepare the wallpaper in various resolutions so that as many people as possible could use it. There are many people on the forum who are talented graphic artists, so we can make it together :)

2 people like this

Posted

I'm down. Any designers on the forum want to help with this? I can provide logo and other design materials.

Posted

awesome idea.

Posted

@Primmula ,I strongly agree on that one , because we definitely need  a high quality wallpaper , because I've grown tired of my current one. 

The one that I have at the moment doesn't even deserve to be called a wallpaper lol :D.I just typed Game quitters in Google images and picked up the first one. The quality isn't the best(I can see the pixels), at least it has the Game Quitters logo , so that's something.

P.S If typing my full name gives you problems just call me Remis , that's how people usually call me , because my name is just to awkward to pronounce :D.

Posted

The one that I have at the moment doesn't even deserve to be called a wallpaper lol :D.I just typed Game quitters in Google images and picked up the first one. The quality isn't the best(I can see the pixels), at least it has the Game Quitters logo , so that's something.

What size do you want? I can make a higher quality one with the logo itself for now

Posted (edited)

What size do you want? I can make a higher quality one with the logo itself for now

My screen resolution is 1440x900

Edited by Remigjus

Posted

@Cam Adair sign me up!

Posted

Ok guys, here's one that is 1440x900.

I will have someone design a better one soon but this is just a quick one I put together for now.

wallpaper.png

2 people like this

Posted

I think you'll find if you do one for 1920 x 1080, this will cover almost everybody's needs.

2 people like this

Posted

I think you'll find if you do one for 1920 x 1080, this will cover almost everybody's needs.

Got it! I will do that thanks. You guys are way better at the tech stuff than me :P

2 people like this

Posted

Here are two variations at 1920 x 1080:

1920wallpaper.png

1920wallpaper2.png

2 people like this

Posted

Thoughts about this wallpaper? 1400 by 2100

So awesome!!

Posted

Cam, I think that somewhere on the GQ site there should be a convenient link to a compilation of wallpapers (like this, but maybe just a list instead of a forum post). That would make it easy for some people to set motivational backgrounds on their laptop ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam, I think that somewhere on the GQ site there should be a convenient link to a compilation of wallpapers (like this, but maybe just a list instead of a forum post). That would make it easy for some people to set motivational backgrounds on their laptop ;)

I'd love to get a series of wallpapers created with good sayings that encourage people to keep going. Anybody want to help with designing these??