New Video: Unleash Your Potential with These Productivity Secrets

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Add badge as in reddit

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I think either of those are a good idea. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I ride every day on my stationary bike (I guess it is called spinning). I try to keep the "streak" and do not miss any day, but I do make some concessions for unexpected events, and when I do not practice for a real reason, it does not break the streak, e.g. being ill allows me not to practice on a given day without breaking the streak. I have been training from the last September and missed only one day so far (I had a terrible migraine). But there has to be a real reason not to do something you've planned to do every day, and when it is reasonable not to train when ill, I do not think there is any rational reason to break a non-gaming streak.

Posted

Update: Looking for a *new* developer to help us with the forum badge. Is that you?

Here are the details:

- We want to add a badge to keep track of the 90 day detox, similar to Reddit.
- It can appear under the "post count" on someone's name (see the left side of this thread)
- Next to someone's name, we want the counter to only say 0-90 days or 90+ once they've reached 90 days. 
- The counter can show the accurate # of days on their profile (if you click on the members profile.)
- It would be best to have the counter days be edited within the "edit profile" tab.

I do not know much else about how to actually program it, but I can tell you this much:

1. The forum runs on a self-hosted version of IPS Community Suite.
2. The Community Suite has a plugin marketplace here
3. If you have other questions I can help to answer them and/or point you in the right direction.

Feel free to PM me privately if you are interested. Really appreciate anyone who is able to help with this!

Other notes on the badge:

- The focus for the badge is meant to be a way to track the 90 day detox. The reason we are not going to "publicly" show the # of days beyond 90 is to keep the focus on the detox and not on creating a hierarchy of whoever's not gamed for the most days.
- When a member replies to you and you know they have completed the detox, it is a good way to know the advice they are sharing works well.

5 people like this

Posted

Update: Looking for a *new* developer to help us with the forum badge. Is that you?

Here are the details:

- It can appear under the "post count" on someone's name (see the left side of this thread)
- Next to someone's name, we want the counter to only say 0-90 days or 90+ once they've reached 90 days. 
- The counter can show the accurate # of days on their profile (if you click on the members profile.)
- It would be best to have the counter days be edited within the "edit profile" tab.

I do not know much else about how to actually program it, but I can tell you this much:

3. If you have other questions I can help to answer them and/or point you in the right direction.

Feel free to PM me privately if you are interested. Really appreciate anyone who is able to help with this!

- The focus for the badge is meant to be a way to track the 90 day detox. The reason we are not going to "publicly" show the # of days beyond 90 is to keep the focus on the detox and not on creating a hierarchy of whoever's not gamed for the most days.
- When a member replies to you and you know they have completed the detox, it is a good way to know the advice they are sharing works well.

Here are the details:

http://forum.gamequitters.com/topic/2367-journey-journal/?do=findComment&comment=23382

Not exactly what you're looking for, but something I quickly put together.