Will you join me in building a well in Tanzania? Learn More (5 days left!)

20; im a male; Gender doesnt matter; No gaming/video entertaiment; 90 day detox

6 posts in this topic

Posted

hello,

im HeavensDrill and below if listen what I want to be cured off, what my goals are and why I pick these goals 

not allowed:

Games, any form of video entertainment(TV, series or youtube), buying and eating snacks and unnecessary food(chips, softdrinks or fries). for 90 days.

goals:

1 - Gaming/watching videos in combination with school made me quite my sport. so i want to sport again en keep my body in shape.

2 - i want to get good grades again.

3 - I do not want to abandon my friends or family anymore.

4 - getting my degree in chemestry

5 - stop letting gaming controle my life

Why:

the sport part is already explaned. My grades have realy sufferd thanks to my gaming habit and watching to many series and videos. So if I stop gaming and watch any form of video entertainment i can focus on the things i want to accomplis.

Before all my time went to gaming and watching series I had other hobbies. But that all fell away when gaming became a bigger part of my life. school became more bussy with the year and less time being available I was forced to take some hours from my sleep. Welll, that sometimes where no sleeping at all. i even forgot birthdays of my friends or was unable to join them on trips or fun nights out cuz I didnt make the essay for tomorrow.

so, I fucked my life good. Bu notting that cann't be repaired. Not yet at least.

so wish me luck.

means of contact:

any way of contact is fine by me. I want at least to have contact once every week , so that we can rehab the week and see on what points we need to focus. But Im open for any surgestions. 

kind regards, HeavensDrill(Ted)

2 people like this

Posted

Hi HeavensDrill(Ted), If you're starting anew for removing those habit, a recommendation maybe?

between gaming, sports and diet, maybe do the diet after 21 (or so) days, so your willpower doesn't get exhausted? I've read somewhere that once we break the streaks of success, there's a justification in ourselves that it's alright to do it again. Later on, the self confidence begins to get lower that we feel more worthless since we cannot do it.

Is GMT+7 a problem for you?

2 people like this

Posted

hello SundayMiharu, im thankful for your swift respons. Recommendations, tips and tricks are always welcome. 

This is the second time I try to stop gaming. The first time I did it alone without any help. I could maintain this for one month, then one of my friends invited me to a game party. I do that a lot with my friends. But that one night dragged me back to my old habit of gaming. 

about the diet part. Im not fat at al, but it is more a money related issue. At home I have enough food available to satisfy my needs. if i would only quit with eating those snacks I would already lose weight thanks to my high metabolism. 

the sport part is not only to get me some condition but also for the social contacts. 

Like I already explained, I've done this before. I always focus first on the biggest "bad habits" and those are gaming and watching any form of video entertainment. Most of the time I succeed for a 5 days and then the environment pulls me right back in. 

I would like to have contact with you, but what do you mean with GMT+7? Are you asking if the timezone doesnt bother me? or do you what to have contact at 7AM greenwich time? I think its the first, but just to be sure. The timezone doesnt bother me. we can work around that.

Again thank you for your message and I look forward to hearing form you soon.

kind regards,

HeavensDrill

Posted

Hi HeavensDrill(Ted).

It's the timezone. A real time communications would be hard. Also, I don't use social media anymore. If you're alright with me, I'd like to help you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thnx SundayMiharu, 

But in the time i was waiting for for respons I found a other Accountability Partner. Im sorry about this. I hope you will not have a grudge against me now.

But i thank you for all your effort.

kind regard,

HeavensDrill

1 person likes this

Posted

No problem.