New Video: Unleash Your Potential with These Productivity Secrets

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Link the Chat on the Forums to the IRC Channel on Reddit

3 posts in this topic

Posted

It looks like you guys are having problems driving people to the IRC Channel and keeping them there. The Chat section on the forum is another chatroom that is separate from the IRC channel. Right now you're essentially splitting up the people that use Reddit primarily from the people that use the IRC Channel.

It might be a good idea to setup the Chat tab with an Embedded IRC client which auto-connects to the IRC Channel. It could possibly even use your Forum username when connecting (if already logged into the Forums).

This way the Reddit and Forum users could chat together. It might help reach that critical mass of population in the channel quicker.

Posted

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a great one. Let me look into this.

Posted

Hey man, I looked into this a bit and it looks like it may be possible but we'd have to design a custom application for it I believe. We'd basically remove the current Chat and replace it with a different one (that works as you've described.) 

Not sure if this is something you (or someone else) would be interested in helping with. I do agree that having one central chat would be great for the community. If you (or someone else) is interested in helping with this, let me know and I can set you up with some forum access to look into it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0