Will you join me in building a well in Tanzania? Learn More

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question about dating

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

I had a situation where I would like to get some opinions and discuss this. Recently I asked a girl out to get something to drink. The girl is in the same school as me and for the moment working at the same internship. She replied to this that she already had some plans with a friend of her, but that she would like this a next time.

Well I interpreted this as a polite rejection and the fact that she didn't give an alternative moment, meant to me that she did not really want to meet up.

So my question is: How would you interpret this situation and how would you react?

Any opinions and suggestions are welcome :) 

First of all, kudos for showing up and asking her out,at the end of the day you did your part.

I believe your interpretation is the most accurate.BUT, like the guys above suggested , give it another go.

This time be a bit more bold if you can handle the stress and uncertainty. So when you feel like it ( preferably sooner rather than later),go talk to her again tell her that you find her  cute (if you do) ,or basically offer her a sincere compliment that communicates that you are interested in her as a woman.Just tell her you want to take her out for a coffee or drink at your favoroutie cafe at xx time because you think she is (sexy,cute,gorgeous or whatever you honestly think about her). Make sure to smile , keep your head high and chest out (be mindfull of your posture) and look her in the eyes.

That way you show up as a man and you'll get the proper respect.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks, I'm glad I actually did it because it was in my mind a couple of days and there was some anxiety for doing it. Surprisingly the rejection wasn't so hard as expected, I guess we have a tendency to make things bigger in our head, than they are in reality :) . It's not fun, but at least you can be proud that you did what needed to be done.

Thx for the tips, will keep it in the back of my head. I first wanna see how things are the next couple of weeks and then I'll decide if it's worth giving it another try. If not, It will be important to let it go and move on to someone else (challenge for me as letting go is not always my strong point :) ).

2 people like this