NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi!

DustyD

As you might have guessed... I'm pretty new here. It was only about 5 hours ago that I've started thinking about quitting video games. It's already getting difficult. I took one last look at my steam account, to see how far I've gotten. To see the nearly constant "54.9 hours in the last 2 weeks" displayed. I'll be 22 years old in a few months, and I've been playing video games ever since I was 6. Over time it's become a part of my life. The games I've played and the stories they've told, and the experiences I've had playing them are a big part of who I am today. I'm quitting because quite frankly, I'm spiraling downhill. I just finished Tech school to be an HVAC technician and I have no job. Why? Getting a job just isn't as exciting.

I've got so much that I want to do. I'd like to learn several languages. I'd like to learn computer programming. I'd like start my own jewelry business. Back in High School I started making my own jewelry out of wire, pocket change, and just about anything else metal I could find. Each piece I would try to make more and more intricate. Make it look more professional and less like some junk you'd find in a garage. I really enjoyed it. I really wanted to make something out of it, and I do still. But it's not fun anymore. Nothing, aside from video games catch my attention anymore. And I think that is why I have such a hard time accomplishing the things that I want to do in life is because at the moment doing those things gives me no sense of reward. Hopefully this detox will change that.

Holy shit this is going to be a long 90 days O_O

Hullo Dusty!

A warm welcome to you!  I am glad to read that you had an interest in jewelry making.  Never say never.  :)  Perhaps when you start the detox, you're interest in jewelry making will return.  I know that it will take time.  I hope you continue to read the forums, and also the journals that people write.  It will help you feel less isolated.  And you will gain random bits of wisdom and knowledge from those of us who have tread down this path before.  It is also ok if you struggle.  I do.  It is hard, but stick with your short-term goals, and focus on one thing at a time.  Don't bombard yourself with making so many plans that it becomes overwhelming.  That's the best unsolicited advice I can give you.  Perhaps watch the videos that Cam made, and also take time to make your own list of goals.  One step at a time.  :)  Be well!

• Guest pinned and featured this topic

Hey Dusty! Thanks for joining us here. Although it's easy to look back and wish you made a change sooner, there is no better time than now to do exactly what you want to do. This 90 days is a turning point for you and your life. I love all the goals you have - having this type of vision for your life is exactly what you want. And we're here to help you do it. :)

• Guest unfeatured and unpinned this topic