Looking for a coach? Apply here to work with Cam 1 on 1.

Art section [IMPLEMENTED]

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I realized that we got some very artive persons in our community. That's why i would suggest a new category in the outside of gaming section. Just to gather the Art journals, and artive stuff in a place where everyone who interested in it, can check it out and share their experiences with drawing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I do not draw myself but I admire those who do :) I guess it would be a great idea to have an art section on the website.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a few ideas, let me know which one you like best:

Option A: I can create a "sub-forum" under "Journals" called "Art Journals"

Option B: I can create a "sub-forum" under "Lifestyle Design" called "Art"

Option C: I can create a "sub-forum" under "Lifestyle Design" merging the "Music" forum and calling it "Art & Music"

Option D: something else (suggestions welcome)

What say you @Laney, @FarisK, @WorkInProgress, or anyone else?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Or even broader, just a hobbies/passions section, and then we just create our art threads.

To me that would be ideal - i.e. someone working on a car or something like that would then fall into the category, and it would be about the right breadth for the size of this community right now and if it grew by a good margin.

In fact, I might make that it's own larger category, not within something. It's actually essential to the message: replacing games with something else. As I see it, a big part of what makes this forum effective is the fact that it motivates people to improve and show off the vast difference in their lives without games. Being able to show off things that you work at in your spare time makes it more motivating to keep doing those things, and offset the competitive motivation that gaming creates.

I.e. I'm a lot less likely to return to games if I can show off some artwork, become motivated to work harder at it, and keep progressing at art. The psychological void that is filled would be very much like the same desire to progress a character in an RPG.

Edited by Alkan
2 people like this

Posted

I personally like Option A :) 

i consider my art to be apart of my journal

but whatever the people decide i'm happy  

Posted

Or even broader, just a hobbies/passions section, and then we just create our art threads.

To me that would be ideal - i.e. someone working on a car or something like that would then fall into the category, and it would be about the right breadth for the size of this community right now and if it grew by a good margin.

In fact, I might make that it's own larger category, not within something. It's actually essential to the message: replacing games with something else. As I see it, a big part of what makes this forum effective is the fact that it motivates people to improve and show off the vast difference in their lives without games. Being able to show off things that you work at in your spare time makes it more motivating to keep doing those things, and offset the competitive motivation that gaming creates.

I.e. I'm a lot less likely to return to games if I can show off some artwork, become motivated to work harder at it, and keep progressing at art. The psychological void that is filled would be very much like the same desire to progress a character in an RPG.

This is kind of what I was implying with "Lifestyle Design" but maybe that isn't the right title for the board. Do you think just "Lifestyle" in general with a better description that relates to passions, hobbies, etc? 

Posted

Well I don't do any art right now(thinking about learning how to sketch for a while though), but i think C would be the most logical way, to arrange stuff and make a new section. But all options would fulffill my expaxtations i had with  this suggestion.

And yeah i think Lifestyle is a better title. Could be there are even better out there, but out of the blue i have none on my mind.

Posted

This is kind of what I was implying with "Lifestyle Design" but maybe that isn't the right title for the board. Do you think just "Lifestyle" in general with a better description that relates to passions, hobbies, etc? 

When I think of lifestyle design, I think more about life skills, as opposed to fun things - which is why I didn't quite understand it to mean that. I would split up skills and passions/hobbies, but I could very easily see them both under lifestyle design. Then people would know exactly what you mean by lifestyle design. Lol.

Posted

@Cam Adair   Art and music would be a great merge I think. Same with making it Lifestyle instead of Lifestyle design.

Posted

Ok friends!

I've made a few changes:

- Renamed Lifestyle Design to Lifestyle
- Moved "Music" to "Lifestyle" and Created a new "Art & Music" subforum.
- Moved your Art journals to "Art & Music"
- Changed the sub-headline of Lifestyle to include hobbies, passions, travel and so forth (more clear on what the forum is.)

Let me know if you have any other feedback.

1 person likes this