NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

A stay-at-home mom's Journal

Ashley K.

Day 1:

So...a few days ago I posted in the Introductions.

I didn't even stick to my detox after I posted it. It was like I almost had no control over myself and I had to play. Out of habit. 

The last time I played was yesterday. Which made me a bit sad. Not because yesterday was the last day, but the fact that I kept telling myself I would quit, only to play again the very next day.

I don't understand how addictions can just take over our bodies like this. Like something or someone is telling us to play and we just do it.

It's scary.

Today, I was occupied with getting things together to homeschool my two boys. I chose to do this because here in NYC, our Mayor took our remote learning as an option. So for the majority of the parents dont feel like this was fair at all, so a lot of us decided to homeschool our children because of it. Right now there is a petition going on to bring back remote learning as an option. 

I'm really hoping that they bring it back. It would take a lot of stress off our backs. 

But that's really what did I with my first day of detoxing. 

Onto day 2.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Day 1:

I'm surprised that this is still up. I thought my thread would be taken down, lol.

Well today is a new start. I feel like complete shit. 

Haven't been sleeping well and right now I feel tired and trying to focus while writing is a little challenging; All I want to do is sleep or play video games. But I know that I want my life to change. I'm tired of letting myself and everyone I love down because of my actions.

The way I feel right now is now I want to continue to feel for the rest of my life.

• Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Sleep Deprivation
  • Digestive issues (if that's a thing with gaming addiction)
  • Brain fog
  • Apathetic about everything

These are just some of the few things I'm experiencing right now. But this is no way to live. 

I'm happy for those people who can game in moderation. Once a month or even once or twice a year. 

But for the majority of us, we have to quit gradually or cold turkey.

I've tried quitting gradually. It doesn't really work since I crave more time to play. I was told not to go cold turkey since I can't do it. But I'm going to do it anyway.

image.gif.7e528e7f7653e7d26ed63285ca52da2a.gif

Btw, I'm not sure if this is a different species of turkey, I thought it was a little funny to add🤭

• Like 1