NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

New Guy Here - Introduction

Hi Everyone,

My name is Nick and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia. It is great to e-meet everyone here. I have been a gamer since I was 8 and I just turned 30 this year.

I recently deleted my League of Legends account permanently (Yes this is my 3rd time to do that) and I wish I had done that earlier in my mid 20.

After I graduated from college, my addiction of League was out of control. I was jobless for 1 year because I chose to live in a fantasy world. There were times that I was so depressed that I wanted to slowly kill myself by gaming without any breaks. Perhaps my parents and my spouse will never understand what I went through (mentally), and sometimes I wonder what kind of life I could have without gaming: better career? better relationships? and better health? Perhaps I am just overthinking too much. What's done is done and I tried my best to move on without looking back. I know it is never too late to make a change.

I have been working on myself in the past 2 years.... I am working full time and volunteering for a non-profit organization. Sometimes I still have the urge to game and I guess that will be part of me forever.  But that's OK, I know I will move on and I feel I could do so much more with my free time, such as sharing my personal experience with you in this safe environment.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Feedlord91
  • Like 1