NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My intro

Hi all,

I've realised that I can't stop playing this one game. I stopped playing for years but I play almost every week night. It feels like the funnest thing in my life right now. I got some issues and challenges to work through so I'm hoping this course will help me to do that.

I live in Australia, studying to become a personal trainer. Trying to work on my social skills and move out of my parents home. I DJ as a hobby, would like to play a team sport or do BJJ. I feel very much stuck and it feels almost like gaming is the only thing I'm interested in sometimes.

I wanted to add some extra info.

In recent years I've discovered that I have a disability (ADHD and ASD), that has hindered my social skills and also I have been on anti depressions twice in my life because of stuggling with depression and anxiety, partially from being rejected at high school which still effects my self esteem to this day. I've experienced a lot of social rejection and feelings of being an outsider and only now am I dealing with adjusting to my disability, with applying for government support and getting support with it. I feel I will be almost recreating myself and opening myself up to being vulnerable. It's a bit of a scary thought and its uncharted territory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andogc1 said:

I wanted to add some extra info.

In recent years I've discovered that I have a disability (ADHD and ASD), that has hindered my social skills and also I have been on anti depressions twice in my life because of stuggling with depression and anxiety, partially from being rejected at high school which still effects my self esteem to this day. I've experienced a lot of social rejection and feelings of being an outsider and only now am I dealing with adjusting to my disability, with applying for government support and getting support with it. I feel I will be almost recreating myself and opening myself up to being vulnerable. It's a bit of a scary thought and its uncharted territory.

Hi! Thank you for opening up and being vulnerable on this forum; I really appreciate it, and it is helpful to have a more complete overview of who you are and what your situation is. I think that for many of us here, including me, gaming is a way to numb/reduce stress that comes from social anxieties and challenges. I hope that you will be able to continue to post on this forum, interact with other folks on here, and overcome gaming and the things that caused your addiction 🙂 What have you thought of doing to help you fight against your addiction? Do you have any other forms of support outside of this forum? Have you tried to quit before? 

Welcomeee to GameQuitters :>>>>>

Po

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zero said:

Hello!

That sounds pretty awesome to me! You are working on a nice career, you have the will to improve, you have a nice and more ideas in mind!

I am very sorry to read that. I also had a lot of during my youth and I know how it can affect the mind and soul even many years later. It can be difficult to move on and make peace with the past.

Well, I guess that's where we have to go if we want things to get better 🙂

I wish you all the best and hope you'll find what you're looking for on this forum!

Thanks for the encouragement.

17 hours ago, Pochatok said:

Hi! for opening up and being vulnerable on this forum; I appreciate it, and it is to have a more complete overview of who you are and what your situation is. I think that for many of us here, including me, gaming is a way to numb/reduce stress that comes from social anxieties and challenges. I hope that you will be able to continue to post on this forum, interact with other folks on here, and overcome gaming and the things that caused 🙂 What have you thought of doing to help you fight against ? Do you have any other forms of support outside of this forum? Have you tried to quit before? 

Welcomeee to GameQuitters :>>>>>

Po

I can relate to the numbing and reduce stress part, I was out today and started to just be with my body and I noticed how much pain I have been carrying around. 

Other support, sure I was looking to get a therapist and see what kind of groups there are in person. Yes, I was successful previously but now that I moved back to my parents place and with the pandemic I started gaming again, this included other things like web browsing and using my phone too much. It's work to correct this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, andogc1 said:

I moved back to my parents place and with the pandemic I started gaming again

Ohhh, this is a very frequent situation for many people on the forum, including me. I think it's really tough to quit gaming when you are in the wrong environment. Something that was helpful for me was to change where my gaming PC was located at- instead of keeping it in my room, in private, I moved it up into the guest room, and my urges have been much weaker since! Have you thought of simply moving into a different area into your house, or completing certain activities in a different place? My dad, for example, from time to time leaves the house and works at the library to be less distracted by food, kids, and facebook lol.