NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Reading Novels instead of playing Videogames?

Zuangzi

Hi, 

I found it somehow helpful reading a novel, especially RPG like novels like the Chinese Wuxia genre.

Thanks to these I don't feel myself compelled to play videogames or watch movies/anime/series, etc.

The novels seem to fill my inner joy for adventure.

Did you have any experience with reading books?

• Like 1

I was an avid reader even before I stopped gaming. I would still read. Although it was at a lower frequency than when I wasn't gaming at all. 

The frequency has gone back up now that I don't game. More so into crime thrillers than fantasy novels at the moment. 

• Like 1

Heh, I get the same thrills now from doing sports and making art, though it's not as exciting (cuz I don't expect it to be). I've never actually thought that the excitement from gaming was something I do not have in my life much anymore, but now that you've brought this idea forward, I feel like a lot of my activities here and there have gotten slightly more fun over time 🙂

Thank you!

• Like 1

Hm it depends how it affects ur life. I could read all day and it would affect my life in a bad way. I would focus on productive things first, after that do what you want(but no addictive things like games which destroy your routine)

• Like 1