NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Wise Young Man's online journal

Wise Young Man

Hello everyone who is reading this. Remember quitting video games on November 1st, 2020 because my money were being wasted, my goals on my to-do list was not fully checked off, and using video games to escape reality too sadly. My Dad introduce me into video games since I was a toddler (I still remember that picture), but my Dad lack any reasons to find a job, all talk and no action to start his own business, and he lack his own money for a 50 something year old man. It's sad to be honest for myself. Looking back 19 and a half years ago I was a completely different person at the time. My life was becoming negative very quickly for me. I was out of shape 19 and a half years ago. And I lack any clear goals for myself.

Hopefully who is reading this will get through your own struggles in life as a long term and find your own success.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'm starting to feel better about myself. I'm making sure to write my thoughts in a journal and focus on my to-do list. I have this desire to be rich and not want to play video games anymore. I didn't know at the time from 19 1/2 years ago I had a behavior problem with games and nobody said anything or don't know I had a problem at the time. I remember I was overweight eating candy, not exercising, lacking good connection with the people I cared about in the year 2000s and 2010s. I had bad appearance too...bad hair, bad teeth, bad hygiene from elementary school, middle school, and I guess high school too. I'm looking back and saying "Man...I wish I stopped sooner and realized I need to stop decade ago" I'm fine though. Know I'm exercising with strength training and cardio exercise with a empty stomach. I have this desire to follow my true vision of my dreams about me being wealthy and very successful with a suit on too. I did read books at the time in my childhood, something happened in 2010s. I priorities gaming if I remember correctly. Now I'm reading non-fiction books that I am receiving value in general with finance and mindset.

I'm thinking of buying a private jet to travel into different countries.   

• Like 1

I'm starting to see better days due to focusing on my to-do list. I love my life now and find real life to not be all that bad with a positive mindset and behavior. Being successful is a great effect to get out of my own rock bottom years (2012-2018?). I still remember that I hit my own rock bottom years due to focusing on video games. I'm proud of myself that I truly got out of that lifestyle for myself. I wouldn't imagine if I still prioritized video games that I would not see any positive effects. So far, I'm prioritizing my own to-do list, back then I didn't have a to-do list in general until 10/30/20 and...I was still playing video games and wasting money on the story based video games and not prioritizing my own online business at the time until I made my first YouTube video on May 3rd, 2021 in my professional YouTube channel. Life is amazing.

Prioritizing my business, to-do list, and my goals. I'm glad that I'm doing this.

I'm having a good day today. Listening to Joe Rogan Experience Podcast from spotify and starting to get ready to learn different languages from Duolingo website version. Life is great for me. I'm planning ahead and letting go of my own past version of myself of who I was and who I was when I was playing video games too. Life is better without video games.

I personally feel good today. My YouTube channel is growing with the videos and shorts. To-do list is the same and being consistent is the same.

the only difference is that I created a investment account from this investment app name Acorn on my phone only. It's not that hard honestly. All I need to be good with my financial education, money planning, and thoughtful spending with my safe deposit box.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting to become better and better and more self-discipline in general. I'm educating myself about money and how investment works in general. I truly believe I'm getting somewhere in life. Usually I'm focus on my to-do list. Hopefully I'll get a driver license in the month of March in general, so I can drive to somewhere that is important and just in case in a emergency situation with people that I know who are parents.

I love having a life that doesn't involve video games while being in a apartment building or location. It's weird that I can sense the difference between the present moment and who I was years ago. And if I stopped earlier my life would have a different style of life in general. Different style with school, home, lifestyle, and level of dreams too. It feels weird just sensing and realizing that.

• 2 weeks later...

My day is usually doing good. It's my Mom's 53rd years old birthday by the way. I can't believe she is almost in her retirement age. And where I get the name is that I created a YouTube channel name "The Wisdoms For The Journey Of Life" educational channel while giving people value also continue my YouTube career in my elderly age. For example: If my YouTube channel reach enough subscribers, they can call me Wise Old Man or Mr. Wisdoms, I also don't enjoy "virtue signaling" my YouTube channel too. I thought of Wise Young Man because I'm learning and I'm 21 years old reaching 22 years old very quickly (also middle age starting at 30). "Why?", it's due that I'm born in December 12, 2000 (2000 = 0 or toddler years, 2022 = 22 years old). I also enjoy learning something new after graduating high school. School....I don't know, I believe school teaches kids how to be a employee if I think about it. If I decided to drop out that would leave me to say "I don't believe dropping out of school is a good idea at the time" and I still have my diploma from high school too, they say that I need to get a job without telling me that a job need to be valuable or a career that is valuable in general to help me out financially in the long-term. One teacher said to me "That type of behavior won't get you far! You're going to be in the workforce-". While I see people paying $100 something dollars for their gas, and one story that one individual have to quit their job because most of their money are going into gas while lacking money after that.

I'm not saying to quit your job and all. I learned a lesson is that I should be grateful and it's very important to have a plan.

On 2/23/2022 at 3:15 PM, championeal said:

I don't know if it's a reference but your journal title made me think of this song:
Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man) by Styx

20220307_161409.jpg

Edited by Wise Young Man
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing good as usual. I'm just realizing and looking up people from my high school who are in college and sadly not going far in life....due to being involve in activism, protesting about the police, getting into student loan debt, getting into student loans debt and sadly getting a useless college degrees and low value job (which their is nothing wrong with that at all). It's just come to a point that I'm grateful that I'm not in college and decided to drop out of college as well. It just make me sad a little bit that people from high school fell for a trap that they will easily regret. I rather be humble as well. Yeah, anyway...

My life without video games is getting better and better. I'm so focus on getting my Professional YouTube channel to be fully monetized as a secondary reason, my primary reason is to help motivate, uplift, and educate people with ideas while taking actions in their own life in a positive way. I don't know I said that I thought security guard job would be a good idea for me until I realized that me being a online entrepreneur is my prefer path as a online career in general. I personally do want to have a suit and also donate to non-profit organizations in general that I truly trusted. A great example is charity water. And all I need is to do my own research in general so my money goes to people who are truly in need without the organization wasting their own money on something else. Because I still remember that I grow up without two wealthy parents who....I would say struggle with money (without saying too much personal details). And just worrying about money. I guess that's why I thought of going into the NBA because I still remember my own picture holding a basketball from Baltimore, Maryland in general. That changed anyway due to behavioral problems with video games (video game addiction) and realizing that college and how the NBA changed with political references in the present day....I don't know, I'm kinda glad that I'm a online entrepreneur and starting to understand my why reason with my personal journal that I wrote on my to-do list while writing it in the Game Quitters forums so people can understand me more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wise Young Man said:

I don't know I said that I thought security guard job would be a good idea for me until I realized that me being a online entrepreneur is my prefer path

Entrepreneurship is such an ideal goal for us GQ folk, I think so at least, I love the thought of this we have so much untapped potential neglected by all of that game brain time!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 5:41 PM, goodvibes said:

Entrepreneurship is such an ideal goal for us GQ folk, I think so at least, I love the thought of this we have so much untapped potential neglected by all of that game brain time!

Everything is starting to become clutter in my to-do list in general due to daylight savings time in the US. And yeah, entrepreneurship is a good thing in general don't get me wrong. I would personally say "Is the person know what they are doing when creating their own business as a local, worldwide, or a online business. Do they have very good money management and very good proper education on money. Do they read books about finances for example, Rich Dad Poor Dad and Money: Master The Game, also other money related books? Did they do research on how money truly works on YouTube instead of watching entertainment and something that is not related about money?" It's important because I hear that people make business and it failed due to bad ideas and many factors that caused the business to failed. I believe it's about your own mindset and planning in general.

Overall, my day is doing good so far. It's just clutter due to daylight savings time.

Oh, and it's important to have 7 streams of income in general. There are videos that explain why it's important to have 7 streams of income. I highly recommend to do your own research. Have a good day Game Quitters Members.

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out what will be my next type of income that will help me to have 7 streams of income in general instead of being YouTube only. I still don't believe that having one stream of income is a good idea (I also don't believe that a 9 to 5 job is bad). My financial goal is to be financially free and in my own belief to be wealthy and not worry about money in the long term while donating to people who I truly trust. Yeah...I'm just thinking of my own future and the house I'm living in just in general for the long term. "Why?" because my parents struggle with money in general. It's good that they have a job though. I don't know, I'm just doing my best to be financially successful, and I'm already successful with my mindset, spiritual, physical, emotional factors about myself. All I need to improve my appearance and my financial situation in the long term.

I notice my own life is different without video games in general. I'm glad I decided to stop in general.

I'm also thinking of owning my own suit in general. I'm just tired of wearing casual clothes in general everyday. 

Screenshot 2022-03-31 10.32.52 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is doing well so far. I am doing my best with YouTube in general without thinking about video games or what is new in the gaming industry, gaming community on twitch and of course YouTube in general. At least I decided to make the right decision in general to quit. It was personally a waste of money in general. I created a bunch of envelops to put inside of a bank in general also to be safe in general, I don't prefer to put any type of safe or any money in my envelops in my own house in general. I am thinking about getting married or I guess try to be in a relationship while doing my best to impact people in a positive way. I've never fully use these dating apps in general, and I believe there should be a way to be successful to text in a dating situation. In general, it's easy to hear about these dating apps and in the internet about modern dating and stuff that has nothing to do with dating for example, self-defense and many other things in life that I guess don't know about. I don't know....I usually belief that there is should be a way in a situation including dating in these dating apps and believe that me and anyone else should look at themselves similar in a mirror. I'm also learning different languages on Duolingo and I find it to be helpful, some take time to be successful to speak or practice to understand the language. Some people believe that these language apps "don't work to help someone to speak a language". I believe it do. It depends I guess, and I'm not sure about someone mindset on these language apps and websites. Anyway. Life is amazing. Have a good day Game Quitters members.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm learning how to improve my online business while doing my best to grow it in general. I've already have certain types of ideas or ways that I've want or interested to do in general as streams of income. I personally don't enjoy making money as my main reasons, it gets me nowhere as a motivation. And the money motivation will drain very quickly...

I'm listening on a YouTube channel name "the roommates" on a video about being a man and testosterone, masculinity and the important of men's health. I do believe testosterone plays a huge role in a man's body. And I'm also tired of people saying "men are weak today" and start seeing me as a weak man because I'm part of society without or don't bother trying to know me in general. And I say "okay great", I usually prefer to do masculine types of activity and cars in general. And I see people who I believe it's the same people say "Oh why he is so masculine....?", it's pathetic honestly. That's why I rather ignore people who don't deserve my attention in general. I'm typing this because I don't want to type here and claim my days are always positive. Some days I wish I could do better on my to-do list also I usually do my best to be positive. If I look back, I used to be negative in general in 2012 also during my excessive gaming years in orange county, New York. I guess that's why I rather be positive in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...I was supposed to have my driving class today and I missed their call and they refuse to pick up for some reason and clean their own voicemail sadly. Anyway, it's laziness if that their own business in the first place in 2020, their voicemail is remained full and not checked sadly (which it's weird....back in 2020, their voicemail wasn't full). Besides that nonsense, my day is doing good so far. I should do my best to focus on what I can control. It's kinda sad that I'm doing my best and starting to regret that I've invested my money on something that rather delay on something....

4/30/22 - My day have been doing good so far, I have to take care of stuff in my personal life in general. I decided to write a eBook while doing my best to be consistent with it. Everything today is the same as usual.

Yeah everything is the same from previous days today with my online business, to-do list, goals, duolingo and many more. Life is doing good so far in general. I've already decided to plan out each type of 5 incomes that I planned out in general. I need to figure out two more to completely make 7 streams of income. Everything is going well as usual. Just planning and continue to follow my goals.

I'm doing well as usual. I'm writing a book right now on google docs. I thought it would be a good idea to write a book in general too. I've looked back and decided to write a note that compare the positive and negative of my video games experience and it was mostly negative so I rather not look back and just focus on real life and priorities my time and take it seriously in general.

I can't believe it's summer time already....

I'm starting to not care about video games back when I used to care at the time. And...it's a good thing too. I'm starting to sleep less too and working hard also smart on my online business at the same time while also doing my to-do list. I'm going to grill chicken on Sunday (tomorrow by the time I make this journal update), it's going to be fun at that day because it's good to grill food and learning how the grill works in general. I'm starting to notice that I don't enjoy consuming too much content that has nothing to do with video games in general, I've made a video about the creator and consumer content and compare both of them on my professional channel on YouTube. There is a video that talks about the same thing in the Game Quitters YouTube channel in general. I'm still learning how to speak in different languages if I do get a private jet while having 7 streams of income in the future. I'm approaching life in a good way and mindset in general too. My mindset is good enough to have a successful life.

Today is going to be a great day. No video games and nothing that has anything to do with video games in general.

It's funny how in my own personal opinion that people think that my country the US has a high level of obesity problem I guess due to statistics and media, which at the end of the day....it's best to look at both of them with the grain of salt or question them in general. I believe people who is reading this should already know how news media are with real life reports and this "video games cause violence" myth. Even the data are not clear either, it's full of numbers in general that makes no sense and shows no evidence that it's true or not. I don't know anyone here used to watch this channel on YouTube "Scooby1961" who cause me to think about this obesity topic and do my own research and learn how nutrition works in general and not be afraid to continue to exercise when I reach elderly age in general, it was a video about obesity is a worldwide issue. And I keep hearing about skinny fat do exist, so I don't know about countries for example Japan or other countries who don't priorities exercising and all of this stuff. I guess that's another reason why I should do my own research, travel, and not compare any countries to each other. Every countries is different in general. And I'm starting to see a trend that people use the United States as a example that has nothing to do with obesity, I believe for a example: politics and many other stuff is claim negative as true that I'm not going into in this journal.

I usually focus on myself in general and I already have my own reasons why I exercise and ignore all the external noises in general from the internet and media sources in TV (which I'm glad I don't watch too much TV in general). And just understand the ability to change for the better externally and internally.

Hopefully someone who is reading this understand what I'm talking about. I would never try to be negative or malicious to the Game Quitters community.

Have a good day everyone.

Everything is going well so far in general. I texted my friend and he's doing good with he's job in general, he's tired....and want to start a business. While at the same time don't know how or have the mindset to know how to be successful to create and grow a online business. And that's fine, I thought of giving him my Amazon Kindle to help him out however he didn't give me his zip code to fully give him the kindle device. I use kobo device to read non-fiction book now. I used to read mostly fiction books and now focus on non-fiction books in general to reach better in my skills and online business. I do read history books about the United States or outside of the United States in general including videos instead of having school to tell me what type of history we had with this certain ethnicity or this group of people in general. I don't know that there was stuff that is not explained or "edited out" stuff from history before 2022. I don't know....

Anyway, I have the ability to text him now (I guess he had to switch to a 5G phone).

And I took my second driving school lesson and in all honesty, driving a car is not that hard. This test is going to be easy to get a A+ on.

I'm starting to get over and move on from school and decided to focus what I need to do for me and a house that I want to live (the house I'm living today or right now by the time I'm typing this journal). I did almost everything on my to-do list in general. I'm getting better on how to gain more watch time in YouTube or as a YouTuber in general. Life is great and I made the right choice to be a entrepreneur in general then listening to one family member and society also school to get a job while not trying to impact people to be the better version of themselves. Such a stubborn way to tell me as a teacher "You're going to be in the workforce" and telling me my behavior (whatever) "won't get far", it doesn't effect me at the end of the day because who knew that I would be officially a online entrepreneur and have the skills to give value to millions or billions of people in general. I guess school do want people to be employees....who knows.

I rather be a entrepreneur in general and it's the right path then going to college and learn a bunch of junk that might not be in high demands 50% and even 100% of the time. Know a days, most jobs don't require to have a college degree (from what I understand is that college degrees are losing values as a society in general. Know society wants a very good idea as something valuable, I'm not telling nobody to go to college. Just saying these stuff based on my own research). 

My YouTube videos is growing for the better and I'm drastically increasing watch time on YouTube and increasing my subscriber numbers at 1% increase too. Of course life is going good for me in general. I'm starting to understand how to use and create a good YouTube Shorts content. I'm starting to move on from thinking, caring, having nostalgia about video games, and stop watching my Dad playing video games in general. He's starting to go back and exercise in general. I didn't know that my Dad used to exercise (foolish me).

Yeah...everything for right now is a little different with positive changes right now.

"I never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

At least I'm playing video games and not prioritizing my time with stuff that is not going to get me anywhere in general. I wouldn't imagine to continue to play video games in November 1st, 2020. I wouldn't make a online business and be good at that too with a proper mindset. It's crazy how people dropout of college or high school and create a successful business (in my personal opinion) that impact millions and billions of people mostly worldwide. Some presidents and well known figures became historical without a high school diploma and a useless college degrees that barely shows any type of value or high-demands for the future. So yeah, I'm glad I've never graduated or dropped out of college. If I personally did continue I would suffer student loans debt and I guess kinda be too late for me to drop out and do my best to impact millions or billions of people to be better versions of themselves. Hopefully I would achieve to own a private jet so I can travel and not worried about stuff that I have no control of with these economic planes. I already am learning how to speak in different languages thanks to duolingo (which I believe is the best website and app learning tool to learn different language with the right mindset). *Laughing* at least I'm grateful about what I want and need to do for myself and my future.

Edited by Wise Young Man
I wanted to leave a quote in my journal posted today.

• 3 weeks later...

I did my driving test and I somehow failed, I guess due to parallel parking. It's not hard to do. I guess the teaching wasn't good enough or the way that it was teaching was proper or incorrect to do parallel parking properly. Foolish. All well.

I'm doing good and my own house remodel still need to put in work. Personal growth is extremely good for me. I enjoy it as a journey. At least I'm doing my best to be a part of it in general. Um....I rather focus on things that is more important to me then just focusing into politics and other stuff that has nothing to do with me and my remodeled house (which I'm not going to go into) in general.

Reading non-fiction books is amazing and would love to continue as I get old older in general. I'm starting to become more comfortable into speaking into different languages instead of English, All I need is to do more to become successful in general to speak the languages in Duolingo website. I'm also writing a eBook or a book in general too. Man my life feels better.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm doing good as usual. I just have a lot of motivation to put my own name in this house without trying to hang around in the streets too much and also living in the streets while being homeless. I'm just tired of just worrying about how far I am about remodeling the house to not worrying about selling and finding a way to live somewhere else, and I already thought of this somewhere in my school years too. I'm not going to go into my family problems in this forum due to privacy and respect. It's just better to have a house and not worry about being homeless and being a individual who rather hang out in the streets too much (I'm not saying that going outside is bad. The problem from people I know is that where are they spending their money on and how much expenses they are putting into anyway. I'm just the type of person who rather focus on my priorities and not be involve in the streets where nobody in these street locations have any priorities and nothing great to do in their life. That's what I mean). I don't know man, I've notice these things from the people I know about in general. And they also not doing anything that will help them in their future too, Smoking cigarettes and weed also being unproductive. All well.

Just avoid being involve in the streets too much and focus on myself and my future. And I rather avoid the noise as well too from media, news sources and sadly the internet.