NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I don't want to game no more and lose my soul.

Hello everyone I am Matt,

I knew I had to quit video game when I was around 16 year old and I am now 30.  I had times I stop, times I started again and did the same cycles many times in my life...  The last time I stop video game was after my third son was born but after 5 mounts I watch a video from WoW and my craving for video started to kick in.  After 2 mounts of non stop craving I finally give in and relapse.  This cause many problem for my wife and kids that are very precious to me and after 2 mounts of relapsing I am here writing to you to make a commitment to stop playing video game.  It been now 1 week since I stop.  The craving already started to decrease a lot and my relationship with my spouse is starting to grow heathier.

My mains goal to stop and his to live my life for the one that give his life for me name Jesus-Christ.  He ask me the love the ones that are closely to me which are my wife and my 3 boys.  I still have alot of battle in front of me that is why I remember myself this line "I don't want to game no more and lose my soul".

Matt

Welcome to the forum Matt.

Let me ask, if you aren’t going to game anymore, then what are you going to do? Where are you going to invest your time and effort? If that new meaning is uncertain/vague, it will be difficult to overwrite your thinking patterns and habits. They will trick you in the end.

How strong is your craving for a different life? Right now can you say it is strong enough to track each one of your days in a diary and force new activities into your life?

Edited by Amphibian220
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replay Amphibian220,

I started to go back to my journal when I quitted.  To be honest family life takes like 90% of my time.  When I relapse into gaming the max time I was able to output was about 10 hours a week but if I was single and without kids to distracte me I would probably be doing 4 hour during the week and 12 hours on the week end.

Here are the list of my new acitvity I have been working on:

-Journaling
-Reading
-Chickens
-Electronics (building circuit, programming, learning new parts...)

• 4 months later...

I recently, relaspse again.  It been 2 weeks or so.  I am planning on doing the respawn with all the worksheet. Since I already introduce myself in this thread I am only sharing what I am planning to do.  I will try to do the journal.

• Like 1

Great stuff Matt. Consistency is key here. People tend to relapse because the results don’t come quick enough. 

I had to accept that positive results would come about from small 1 % improvements each day. Half a year later and I was impressed with sustained changes for the better.

Wish you all the best.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...