NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Quit games for about 8 months, then the quarantine happened.

Zenrenn

Hi everyone!

I quit games back in August of 2019 on my birthday. Had about 8 months of doing pretty decently and played a game or two occasionally but ended up stopping once quarantine hit. It's been about a year and I'm trying to quit again.

I have a 10 month old son and I'm trying to keep my relationship with my fiancé intact. I've been gaming since I was 2 or 3, I'm almost 32 now. I've been in therapy and talked to a psychiatrist about depression, sleep apnea, anxiety, and ADHD. I've stopped playing games for about a month now.

I'm currently having trouble finding something to sink my teeth into currently, without games I don't have something I can put my focus into right now. I've been working on reading, yoga, weight lifting, and cooking meals. I've also started college back up to become a teacher. 

Just wanted to say hi again, and to say I am having an awful time trying not to play. I do want to quit, but I need to find something so I won't be miserable. 

• Like 3

Hey!

Congrats on being one month gaming free! That's a milestone most of the industry would never be able to accomplish! Finding hobbies is difficult, sounds like you have already found some good ones. In this pandemic though we have a lot of time, more than we think, so unfortunate for us there can be times throughout the day where we get an urge to play. If you get urges it's important to recognize you're having them. It's been proven that recognizing your emotions and what could be causing them makes it easier to deal with them. Another thing, albeit a little cliché, action towards the thing you know is right will save you from your impulse decision. Here is where if you'd rather play games instead of exercise, purposely choosing exercise can help with addiction. You don't want to force yourself too much as that'd be bad. I wish you luck!

Jason