NEW VIDEO: 22 minute gaming addiction documentary

New beginning the same journey

On fasting, my mom and I are both trying to eat just two meals a day to lose some weight. She always stocks the fridge with ice cream and cake though hehe. Yeah I think you're right on the starvation piece. I felt kinda wonky from only eating one small meal that day. Makes sense what you're saying with evolution. Take care.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Day 13

Habits:

• Positive: (Lab_work:8, Russian:13, R programming:13, Excel:9, Workout:9, Stretching:9) 
  • Gaming free:13 

Productive time: 08:29:00

Get out of bed time: 07:30

I will keep this one brief, pretty average day yesterday. I really enjoyed the warm sunny weather though. It was super lovely outside and overall a good day. The phone should be on it's way so I am super excited for that. It will be such a massive improvement compared to the phone that I currently have. It still might take few more days in the mail but hopefully soon. Can't wait haha. Update on the facebook thing .... not much has changed so will see, there is a possibility that I won't be able to unlock it and then it's basically just not facebook anymore I guess. Might be for the better though. 

@TheNewMe2.0 That is pretty good, I try to usually eat just two meals as well.  I like the convenience of it that I do not have ot prepare so many meals and I enjoy bigger meals anyway. It is also good for your teeth as you do not have so many acid attacks as my dentist friend would say haha. You too!

Thank you for reading and I will see you tomorrow.

Edited by Realworlder
  • Like 1

Day 18

Habits:

• Positive: (Lab_work:12, Russian:18, R programming:18, Excel:12, Workout:10, Stretching:10) 
  • Gaming free:18 

Last five days were fine but I did not manage to follow with my morning routine which was a bit of shame, I kept postponing writing an entry, so I wanted to just briefly catch up and then from tomorrow reset nicely again. I managed to get a lot of work done and experiments seem to be going well to so that is great. I ordered a new phone so hopefully I will get it some time next week for which I am super excited. I am still struggling with Facebook, and now I tried to contact them through copyright because someone posted some ads through my account which I am not sure what exactly is going on and it is a bit worrying that someone got access to my account. I still not understand how as my password was really strong but I guess it was possible through third party app somehow. I want to unlock it to be able to resolve that and then I can slowly cut all ties with Facebook. I do not have much time today so will end it here, might write more tomorrow. 

@TheNewMe2.0 Those are some things I like about it, hope you are doing well.

• Like 1

Ty hope you're doing well too. I've been eating less lately. Maybe like two meals a day. This muslim client keeps talking with me about fasting, being vegetarian, not eating pork, and eating less food. He's fasting for Ramadan. And from his encouragement to eat less I've just started eating less. My mom is kind of concerned about me and seems to want me to eat more. I told her I'm not gonna go anorexic I just want to lose weight till I get back to 165 or less like I used to be.

• Like 1

Day 22

Habits:

• Positive: (Lab_work:15, Russian:22, R programming:22, Excel:14, Workout:14, Stretching:14) 
  • Gaming free:22

Well last few days were pretty okay. I did not get back to journaling as I did not have time in the mornings. Kinda sucks that I was not able to keep up my morning routine but it is what it is. I had a nice trip over the weekend and managed to get a decent amount of work done. I was also good at keeping my daily habits on learning Russian and programming, even though I have not done too much progress but I was consistent which is the main thing. Got to get back to daily posting though.

@TheNewMe2.0 Thanks man, yeah doing okay now. I think that there are for sure benefits to fasting but it is probably best for everyone to try it out for themselves and see. I mainly like that I do not need to eat all the time haha and can enjoy larger meals. How many calories are you eating? Even if you are fasting you still need to keep up your maintenance unless you want to lose weight. But even then, do not cut too much as that would lead to some muscle loss. I see, still be aware not to eat too little.

• Like 1

I don't know about calories. I'm just trying to eat half of what a normal meal would have been for me. I read a book that mentioned portion control and their tip was 'eat half' so I think think that when I'm eating. Or if I eat a somewhat heavy lunch I just do no dinner. I am trying to lose weight so I don't mind eating less. I'm keeping it at around 2 meals or 3 small meals a day. Fruit for snacks are allowed.

• Like 1

Day 23

Habits:

• Positive: (Lab_work:15, Russian:23, R programming:23, Excel:14, Workout:14, Stretching:14) 
  • Gaming free:23

Yesterday was okay, I was not too productive. However, I am pretty excited that my league accounts should be deleted soon. I have realized that I had one more which I set up to delete. It is still so tempting to play, I think it is because of the extra stress these days. I have not been reading as much and I would like to get back to it. I have only few more pages in the light novel that I want to finish and then I can start the Rhythm of War which should be great, it is 4th book in The Stormlight Archive series that I read last year. I loved the series and I am looking forward to getting back to it. 

@TheNewMe2.0 I would recommend having a look at how many calories you eat. Because it might be that you are in too big of a caloric deficit which is not good either. Also eating half of the portion is not the best approach in my opinion, because as long as you were not eating twice the amount calories you needed before, now you will be eating only half of how much you need. Of course if you want to lose weight you need to be in deficit but it is better to take it slower than too quickly, moreover it might not be good for you knee either as it needs nutrients to heal up. Good luck with losing weight though! 

• Like 1

I appreciate your concern. But I think I'm doing alright. You've got to eat less to lose weight. I'll try not to lose the weight too quickly like you suggest so my body is still getting enough nutrients and maybe eat a little more than I have been. I just want to have abs again like I did before I got on the medications and I weighed around 165. My goal is to at least be able to do yoga. But I would also like to work sumo deadlift, pull ups and hammer curls into the picture. Maybe dips too. And crunches. Although I really would like to do this exercise where I hold myself at the top of a pull up and do leg raises because I think that's the best for abs. Last time I did it my old tendonitis kind of kicked it and my back tendons/muscles were aching for 3 days. I think maybe with my meditation I may be able to offset any previous negative effects and do these exercises I listed. I think that would be sufficient to build a lean muscular body. I'd also like to do shadow boxing again and maintain a calm equanimous mind. That's going to take some mental training for sure to be a peaceful warrior. Gonna make it all work. The Christian faith is gonna take some work but I think I'll get my goal spirituality of practicing Christianity Buddhism and yoga philosophy comfortably. I'd like to be comfortable with the other faiths but not necessarily practicing them. Because although I was trying out islam and taoism for a while. I feel like being involved in two religions and one philosophy is already a ton so I don't really want to go for more than that at the moment. I mean who has time to practice all those faiths anyways. Not me. Trying to keep it as simple as possible while still achieving what I want to. Anyways that's my goals rant. Thank you.

• Like 1

Day 26

Habits:

• Positive: (Lab_work:16, Russian:26, R programming:26, Excel:16, Workout:14, Stretching:14) 
  • Gaming free:26, Gaming videos:6, No takeaway: 6

Productive time: 06:00:00

Get out of bed time: 06:30

Oh man, I have not been doing that great in terms of daily journaling. However otherwise things are going well I would say. I decided to do a one month YT free challenge. I will still have access to it in lab, as I might need it for some work possibly but it is too time consuming at home and I blocked it for that reason. I am quite curious to see how I will cope without it. I still have this sense that I need it for daily functioning but I do not thin that to be really the case. When I looked at my YT history, there were some helpful videos that I watched but nothing super important so I should be fine. I am going to track again videos as well as takeaway again. I have spent too much money lately on ordering food and I need to be cooking more for myself. 

@TheNewMe2.0As long as you get enough nutrients then all is good. That sounds good, I think if you get back to those exercises slowly you should be able to avoid any pains and injuries better. Also there are several good compound movements so should be enough to build muscles all around. That is quite interesting to try out different faiths I guess. In fairness at the base level I would say that they all have some stuff in common. But it is as you said, keeping it simple and consistent is the key. Best of luck with your goals!

• Like 1

I've been ordering food a lot lately too. I gotta get some boar's head turkey and make sandwiches. I can probably do it. Yeah those compound movements are good. I enjoy working on my pull ups but I'm trying to make sure not to get carried away as I can often get a rush from the exercise and want to go do too much. So, I guess I'll like just note the feelings as they come up for a bit after I finish the workout. Yeah those goals are pretty lofty although I do hope to achieve them. I am just trying to simply and make baby steps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Day 1

Productive time: 04:03:00

Well it has been some time, I decided to take a break from here for a few days but ultimately I ended up relapsing. It all started when I got a new phone. I really like it, especially compared to my old one as everything is nice and smooth and I do not have any problems. However, because of it being much more powerful I ended up playing quite a few mobile games. And that became a huge issue, I have played mainly CoD mobile for about a month without doing anything else, just game  after game claimbing the ladder. It took me a while to realize that what I was doing was not healthy at all and I was neglecting most other parts of my life. I stopped it because I saw the addictive nature of the game yet I kept on playing other games such as Genshin Impact while lying to myself that it is not a problem because it is only a singleplayer game. I learned it in the past, and then again and again, I just cannot handle gaming. Even if it starts slowly it ends up taking over my life. The biggest problem I ran into was my extreme anxiety that was building up over all these days of gaming. I have procrastinated my lab work and completely neglected writing up my thesis. I would have probably procrastinated anyway but with games it is always such an easy and appealing escape from reality that only hits me once I stop gaming and then the anxiety hits. 

I have quit again and I am proud of that. It took me quite a while, and when I quit one game I moved onto another. Now howver, I have deleted everything from both my PC and Mobile. It is not easy, I am still tempted and want to go back to it agian, but I know I cant. I musn't. There are always those two voices in my head, one is "why game at all? It is not anything that I need in my life, there is so much more rewarding stuff to do out there." And the second one is "look you have been so productive lately, you can afford to play just for a little while, play with friends it will be fun." I musn't listen to the second one because it never brings anything good. Even if it only starts as a nostalgic game with friends, they always move on and I end up being stuck gringin out the game to get better. And for what? I can't waste my life like that. So here I am, back again. Wish me luck, hope everyone is doing okay! 

Day 2

Productive time: 02:29:00

Yesterday was not much better either, I ended up procrastinating and wasting a lot of time again. I need to get out of this rut because otherwise I am going to run into way too many issues. I have been so stressed lately, need to sort out bunch of stuff for University as well as accommodation and just hoping that things work out but I will need to put the work in. I am getting back to my better habits and I do not have games as a form of escape so I am sure I will be able to improve things. I hate whenever I reach this point with stress and anxiety that it becomes paralyzing. Just got to get shit done today!