NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Tired?

Theresa

When I first began my journey I felt a bit tired. I think it was because of how much I played before, I wasn't used to all this time I had and I got exhausted because of it. Also I would get extremely tired because of after-effects from gaming. When we game we get really tired and lose energy quickly, that was another impact. However, as you get further in your journey, you don't feel tired you feel refreshed and full of energy.

Wishing you the best

Jason

When I'm not gaming, I generally get more and better sleep. My rule now is to have all screens off by 9pm, at the latest, so I can sit and read for a while before going to bed around 11pm.

That may be the one thing, above all, that convinces me to stick to the one-year detox I've just started: regular, good sleep feels like a kind of miracle.

Maybe it's a matter of finding things to engage your attention, real-world accomplishments that will get that dopamine to kick in for you. Have you taken up any new activities? set any new goals?

Be well,

Bob

8 hours ago, Theresa said:

@Zeno of Eleathanks for the advice. Sleeping regularly is life-changing. I used to only get a couple of hours when gaming and that was pretty  bad....I’m picking up exercising and reading. The former helps with fatigue a lot.

Diet may also be a factor. I've seen people on this site advising others to be sure to drink plenty of water, and I can't disagree with that. I've also found that reducing or eliminating refined sugar in my diet keeps my energy from peaking and crashing through the day.

• Like 1