NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

awaythrow1600's journal

awaythrow1600

Day 1-3(2/27/2021-3/1/2021):

Quit League of Legends and every other game. I've finished chores, workouts, and schoolwork. At the end of the day, it felt amazing to get things done.

Day 4(3/2/2021):

My League of Legends obsession led me to binge countless League videos. I can't stop myself from watching these pointless videos. This addiction is stronger than I've expected. It goes further than just uninstalling the game. I keep daydreaming about Talon combos and it's really unhealthy.

Day 5-6(3/3-3/4/2021):
Strangely, I've sort of realized the pointlessness of watching/playing League of Legends. When I have the desire, I just look up "reddit league of legends addiction" and read about everyone else's stories. 

Edited by awaythrow1600
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, awaythrow1600 said:

My League of Legends obsession led me to binge countless League videos. I can't stop myself from watching these pointless videos. This addiction is stronger than I've expected. It goes further than just uninstalling the game. I keep daydreaming about Talon combos and it's really unhealthy.

watching gaming videos after you quit gaming could easily lead you to relapsing. So I'd highly recommend that you avoid gaming content as well during your detox. Something that might help you is by writing down what non-gaming activities you want to pursue. Some examples are learning a new language, exercising, photography anything that doesn't involve games and feels like your achieving things would be a good hobby. Something else I'd recommend is if you can, try and get out of the house, even if you need to take precautions. I wish you luck on this journey and remember take it one day at a time. It will get hard but if you take it slow and remember why you came here, it'll help a lot. 

Best 

Jason

I appreciate the advice! I have a lot of things I wanted to pursue. There would be days that I'd finish working on these things and then I would play League as a "reward". However, there are far more days where I'd skip working on these things and go straight into League. That's part of the reason why I wanted to quit-I couldn't control League.