4) - Digital Detox

a) No youtube

b) No phone

c) No browsing randomly on the internet

d) No Podcasts

e) No thinking about gaming 

26/02/2021

1 of 90 days

On this day, I felt good, motivated and willing to change for the better.

I was unable to wake up early (this is also not the habit with the highest priority). But I woke up with energy.

I started to structure and work on my first project of my online course (1 hour). I ate salads, chicken. I moved around (I went with my dog to the vet and went to the supermarket).

I didn't touch the phone, I didn't see videos on YouTube and I managed to concentrate during the day.

Unfortunately, I ate chips at dinner.

Well, for the first day I'm glad I didn't give in to my digital addictions.

I want to improve my productivity and I want to see if I can finish Project 1 this Saturday.

• Like 2

27/02/2021

2 of 90 days

Today was also a good day.

I ate healthy: tuna for lunch, chicken, and salad at dinner while watching my friend eat pizza. It was difficult, but I decided not to taste a slice!

I walked an entire hour! It was fantastic to feel the sun and be away from screens.

I was working on y Project 1 of the course but I still haven't finished it as I expected. It is almost! I think I still take a long time to do things, I wanted to improve this. Just to structure a sentence, I think and think a lot.

I was away from the phone and until now the diet is more difficult than the digital detox.

• Like 1

Hey @The Chosen One

I wish you luck on achieving your goals and living a game free life! I am also working on not using my phone or watching any youtube (unless required for my college classes some days). I am also working on eating healthier (so far I haven't had meat in 11 days!) Let me know if you have any questions on eating healthy or phone related things. And maybe for youtube, we could support each other/hold each other accountable? 

Anyways I wish you the best, sounds like things are going great so far!

Jason

• Like 1

28/02/2021

3 of 90 days

I woke up at 11 am with energy.

I ate eggs for lunch and meat for dinner. I had a good day on a diet, I didn't make mistakes. I walked,

I moved. I went to the supermarket with my sister, I went to the pharmacy, I spent about 10 minutes on my home bicycle.

Unfortunately, I didn't even touch my project and I sincerely start to get scared by this. It was supposed to be over today and it's still a long way away. I'm beginning to doubt if I can do this.

At the end of the day, I felt a great lack of energy

Anyway, at least I've been without the phone and youtube.

• Like 1

01/03/2021

4 of 90 days

I woke up at 10:30.

I went with my mother and my dog to the vet. (My dog is much better)

Unfortunately, this was the day "I fell off the horse".  So many mistakes.

I got home with a big headache and decided to go to bed all afternoon. Bad decision.

Then I decided to listen to some music to cheer myself up, but I found that listening to music on youtube and spotify are terrible for my concentration and digital detox. I decided that in the future I want to buy an mp3 player. I can't be spending money right now.

I also want a wristwatch and an alarm clock to avoid looking at the phone.

I had soup at lunch but unfortunately at night I had chicken with chips. How stupid of me.

I worked very little on my course project.

Despite the mistakes I made, I had a great epiphany: I think I just discovered that my problem is not the phone, youtube, distractions or gaming. I think my problem is always being in bed, because I don't have the energy. That has always been my problem throughout my life. I've always had many goals, I don't have the energy to go after them. I sleep a lot and I can't wake up early.

I went to find out more about sleeping well and found some TED Talks. I have to put some tricks into practice, which will be difficult because I work much better at night, I don't know how I will wake up early.

02/03/2021

5 of 90 days

I woke up at 8:20 but instead of getting up, I stayed in bed and only got up at 12h.

I woke up again with a big headache and very depressed.

I just walked my dog and spent a lot of time in bed.

I saw two TED TALKS:

1 - How to Achieve Your Most Ambitious Goals - Stephen Duneier

This motivated me to take large projects and break them up into small parts

2 - How to Wake Up Tomorrow Morning Like a Billionaire.

This made me think that for many people I live a dream life, as they do not have the amenities that I have. I'm grateful for everything I have. I have the chance to learn over the internet and thereby change my life. It's a blessing, some people don't even have water.

Today I also thought about how fun games are, but as I move from level to level, I don't improve my life.  It's ME who needs to level up!

3/3/2021

6 of 90 days

I woke up at 11 am.

Back on Track.

I took a big walk with my dog. I ate squid with salad for lunch and soup and a sandwich for dinner.

I cleaned my desk. I worked hard on my course project. It's almost done

I didn't procrastinate with my phone or youtube

My energy was quite good

• Like 1

4/3/2021

7 of 90 days

I woke up at 11 a.m 

I walked my dog. It was a short walk. I worked on my first project of the course but surprise, surprise...It's not finished yet. Oh my God, what is wrong with me. 

I ate meat and salad at lunch and soup and a burger with chips at dinner. And I know what I was thinking but I ate chips before bed. 

It was a rainy day, so I spent the rest of the day at home, laying in bed with no energy watching a youtube video.

But...When I was walking my dog I was thinking: all of my life, I had terrible friends who gave me terrible advice and never want me to succeed. People always hated the fact I was a top student with big goals for my life. Whenever I tried to apply to corporate jobs, these so-called friends always want to see me working in cafe shops or supermarkets (cashier).  I made the stupid mistake of telling people about my biggest (material) dream in life: having a house with a pool.  People never liked me. I was always a weak target for them. But, no more. I will prove them wrong. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, The Chosen One said:

People never liked me. I was always a weak target for them. But, no more. I will prove them wrong

Yessss, show them that their words or actions don't mean shit to you. I said this before but one reason people hate is out of jealousy. Which in my opinion, makes it the more satisfying to have them see you with all your goals accomplished, while they talked all this crap. I know it's a bit rude, just my thoughts :).

The point I am trying to make is, no one's words define who you are, show them all that you CAN. Wish you luck on your goals

Best 

Jason

March 5 (8 0f 90 days) - I woke up with the news that I was the winner of a giveaway. A free netflix subscription for a year. I hope to take the opportunity to see good documentaries like the social dilemma.

I was on the phone with my cousin to give him the news.

I focused on project 1 and the diet did not go very well.

In the late afternoon, I went for a walk with my dog.

March 6th (9 of 90 days)

After lunch, I went for a walk with my sister, my father and dog. We were taking pictures and we enjoyed the good sunshine.

In the evening, I was watching television with my sister and we ate in an unhealthy way.

I didn't even turn on the pc.

March 7 (10 of 90 days)

I was at home all day working on photos for other giveaways. I didn't focus on Project 1 or the diet.

March 8 (11 of 90 days)

I walked  my dog. I ate soup and even worked on project 1.

Will I finally deliver project 1 on the 9th?

Edited by The Chosen One
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

March 9 (12 of 90 days) - Tuesday

I had no energy and I didn't finish Project 1.
I was lying in bed with a lot of sleep and a headache.

At night I was watching the football game Juventus-Porto | UEFA Champions League with my father.

One person sent me by pm that normally the body reacts more slowly than the brain / thoughts. I can't be so hard on myself.

• Like 1

March 12 (15 of 90 days) - Sunday

I just worked on editing an image

March 13 (16 of 90 days) - Saturday

I was at home, then I went for a walk in the afternoon with my sister and dog. My sister had dinner with me and my parents and we watched TV at night in the living room. I ate a toast and cereals.

• Like 1

March 15 (18 of 90 days) - Monday

I went for a long walk(beach) with my dog in the afternoon. Fantastic Sun!

March 16 (19 of 90 days) - Tuesday

I was at home participating in contests

March 17 (20 of 90 days) - Wednesday

I've been thinking and researching about online business

March 18 (21 of 90 days) - Thursday

I went to visit my sister with my father.

March 19 (22 of 90 days) - Friday

I went for a walk with my sister and my dog.

I removed all subscriptions from youtube

I removed the newsletter subscriptions

I organized a little my email inbox

I organized my phone a little

Access to a lot of information is not doing me any good.

March 20 (23 of 90 days) - Saturday

I went to the beach.

March 21 (24 of 90 days) - Sunday

I spent the day at home. I want to change the way I write these diaries. I want to write down my thoughts and I don't want to procrastinate.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

March 22 (25 of 90 days) - Monday
I spent the day at home, but I was at least 27 minutes working on project 1 of my course.

March 23 (26 of 90 days) - Tuesday
I managed to work 1 hour and 13 minutes on the course.
I started researching new forms of accountability because I am unable to do anything properly. I don't know what's going on with me. I tried to search for the Beeminder app but found it very confusing. I decided to send a dm to a virtual friend here on the forum.

March 24 (27 of 90 days) - Wednesday

I spent 25 minutes on my home bike.
I studied a little social media (linkedin and pinterest)
I worked 45 minutes on the course.

March 25 (28 of 90 days) - Thursday

I only worked 16 minutes on the course but I was watching a webinar on Linkedin

March 26 (29 of 90 days) - Friday
I worked 22 minutes on the course.

• Like 2

March 27 (30 of 90 days) - Saturday

I worked for about 2 hours on the course.

At night, I watched tv because it was the end of a tv show that I  liked.

March 28 (31 of 90 days) - Sunday

I took a walk with my sister and dog. 

I worked 1h17m and later 29m.

I was watching a live Q&A with a famous digital marketing consultant

I tested some tricks on Linkedin

• Like 1

March 29 (32 of 90 days) - Monday
I only worked 15 minutes on the course and it seems that I spent the rest of the day procrastinating and not being productive.

March 30 (33 of 90 days) - Tuesday
Day dedicated to fitness. I took a picture and I want to compare myself with photos and not with weights on the scale

I danced, I was on my home bike and I walked.

March 31 (34 of 90 days) - Wednesday
I worked about 1h30 minutes on the course.
I started writing some ideas for a small book

I took a short walk and started the strava app for the first time.

I made a new payment to continue with the course. I know that this course will help me to change my life. I have to continue to focus.

April 1 (35 of 90 days) - Thursday
I worked about 35 minutes on the course.

I wrote 1000 words for my little book (2h7minutes)

April 2 (36 of 90 days) - Friday

I worked about 34 minutes on the course and it was a really fun day.

I went for a walk with my sister and dog and we got to see Wanda Vision (disney +) at her house.

April 3 (37 of 90 days) - Saturday
I wrote some more ideas for my book.

I went to the supermarket to get washing up liquid.
I went for a great walk with my dog (about an hour)

I didn't work on the course this day.

April 4 (38 of 90 days) - Sunday

It was a day dedicated to the family. We had an excellent lunch and then we were watching the Aquaman movie.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

April 5 (39 of 90 days) - Monday
I studied english for about 12 minutes
I cleaned my desk.

I watched some videos on the course for about 22minutes and later more 15minutes.

I worked on the course for about 1h22minutes.

April 6 (40 of 90 days) - Tuesday

I studied English for about 1 hour

I worked on the course for about 44minutes

I made some research on the web for the course.

April 7 (41 of 90 days) - Wednesday

I worked on the course for about 4h15minutes

I received really bad news and I had to learn to manage my emotions.

April 8 (42 of 90 days) - Thursday
I just worked on my book for about 2h5m.

No course progress.

April 9 (43 of 90 days) - Friday
I just worked on my book for about 2h54m.

No course progress.

April 10 (44 of 90 days) - Saturday
I just received another bad news. It seems that I keep failing in everything I do.

April 11 (45 of 90 days) - Sunday

I worked on the course for about 1h10minutes

I spent 8 minutes on my home bike.

April 12 (46 of 90 days) - Monday

I worked on some creative ideas for about 25 minutes

I worked 18minutes on the course.

I ate pizza and unhealthy things.

I had so much problems with my pc.

April 13 (47 of 90 days) - Tuesday

I worked 25 minutes on the course.

I spent 35 minutes on my home bike.

I started to drink a lot of water

April 14 (48 of 90 days) - Wednesday

I worked 39 minutes and, then 37 minutes, on the course.

I spent 11 minutes on my home bike, while watching a very motivational video on youtube about digital marketing.

April 15 (49 of 90 days) - Thursday

I worked 1h38minutes on the course.

I spent 8 minutes on my home bike

April 16 (50 of 90 days) - Friday

I worked 2h26minutes on the course.

I watched the movie Annapolis on disney plus, later at night. 

April 17 (51 of 90 days) - Saturday
I worked 1h32minutes on the course.
I danced for about 16minutes.
I watched the movie F**it list on netflix, later at night.  

• Like 1

April 18 (52 of 90 days) - Sunday

Wow. What to say about this day. After I watched the movie fu**it list on the night before, I started to think seriously about my life. 

I know all the self-development stuff. Believe me, I do. There are no failures or mistakes, only opportunities to learn and my favorite of all (sarcasm here) we are all in charge of our own lives, we can't blame anyone for how things turn out. 

I thing is: I didn't know any of these teachings. I was just a kid. I had no idea what mindset what, I didn't have youtube videos on my youth to help me and I didn't even know about self-help books. 

I was traped. I was just a kid who studied a lot and did nothing. I wasn't in control of my diet, I didn't even know how to cook. I didn't join any team or gym, there weren't any of these things in my town. 

I always had a self-steem and boy, people took advantage of it. I was the easy target.  

I procrastinate all this day long by watching nextflix, searching random stuff on the web, and chatting stupid things.

• Like 1

April 19 (53 of 90 days) - Monday

I entered a dangerous cycle of procrastination on Sunday. 
I spent all this day watching hell's kitchen episodes and eating junk food.

I walked my dog but I didn't do any exercise at all.

I went to bed by 21h and I wake up at midnight.
I decide to watch a movie on netflix: Hillbilly Elegy.

A movie about a messed-up mother that raised her kids so badly.

This got me thinking: some people might say I was a spoiler kid with everything like 2 loving parents, toys, food, education, videogames. But, believe me, I have so many problems.
Yes, I don't know what is to be raised by an alcoholic mother, I was never physically abused and I didn't have any traumatic accident.

But imagine being a normal kid that nobody likes. Imagine not having a normal group of friends when you're 16 or 18. Imagine having a mother that only wants you to study and lot leave the house. No one taught me how to cook, how to take care of myself. Imagine having a mother addicted to cleaning all the time that yells at you for doing anything at home. But when you try it she keeps yelling again because you don't know how to things properly.

I have problems dealing with people and making real friends. My mother always knew this, so she decided to keep me at home. The very few times when I had a friend or another, I had to say no to the invitations. 

I'm just venting. I love my family for all the help but I'm aware of how badly they raised me. 

• Like 1

April 20 (54 of 90 days) - Tuesday

Today is a brand new day. I need to get back on track. I know that motivation is a terrible friend and that I must rely on self-discipline, instead.

I'm starting to get really scared.

I'm not doing anything right and I'm in a very bad place right now.

I can't focus on my diet, I want junk food all the time.
I want to study and finish my course, but at the same time, I'm tired of putting the effort into this.

9 hours ago, The Chosen One said:

April 20 (54 of 90 days) - Tuesday

Today is a brand new day. I need to get back on track. I know that motivation is a terrible friend and that I must rely on self-discipline, instead.

I'm starting to get really scared.

I'm not doing anything right and I'm in a very bad place right now.

I can't focus on my diet, I want junk food all the time.
I want to study and finish my course, but at the same time, I'm tired of putting the effort into this.

Hey @The Chosen One, I feel you! 

Last week (and this one too, honestly) (and the week before last week too, ehh) I have been receiving a lot of bad news that just keep piling up. Although I do not know the impact of your bad news and the current state of life, I do think that I have felt very similar to what you  are feeling quite recently. I'm sorry that you are going through this, and hope that things will get better soon!

What helped me get past this series of unfortunate events was to simply force myself to keep trying- I got rejected from 10 out 10 places I applied for (so far, lol), but I understand that at some point I will get accepted. It won't be my "1st choice" of a position, but it is better than nothing. Bold of me to assume, but I'd like to think that you would prefer something over nothing, too?

Imagine yourself looking back at where you are now in a few weeks/months/years- even if not giving up/continuing to do work in the right direction will not yield results, you will be able to say "I tried my best". Dunno if that alone is enough to keep you at it, but start here. Even if the results are not what you wanted, the process itself is of extreme value. 

Keep trying!

Po