NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

AlexStephan99's journal.

AlexStephan99

Day one.

I've deleted all my games from my PC, all the applications associated with games I'd played and recently, from the phone too. I'm thinking about to give my accounts for my friends and delete all the logins data from my Google Account, where I save all the passwords. Aswell, I've deleted photos with games, everything. Cold turkey. Even my YouTube account I've unsubcribed from many channels, refused to get recommend , never ever, topics about that. I guess I've done alright, to prevent the relapse.

I'm thinking about when it comes a warm weather ( now it's very cold, 28.4 fahrenheit during day and 7 fahrenheit during night)  or ( -2 daytime and -14 night in Celsius), to get some running activity during morning, every day.. But now, it's a little boring, but I'll find soon another activies to fullfill my free time and I'll discover another new passions.

I've read some topics from GameQuitters and I'll read more chapters, another new topics, stories.. I have to create my new habit to explore the unknown and getting to know more and more new things from every section. 

Stay strong. See you well. Take care of yourself. Wish you a nice day !

• Like 2

Day two..

I've watched the Module #2, #3, #4 today. I've write my list about my to go activities, backups and viceversa. 🙂 Today, let's be honest, I was a little bit boring, tired. I haven't feeling a urge to play videogames. I've listened to music a lot, reading the book from the Cam about his story and reasons why he wanted to quit the video games, so I know a little bit about his story and we're similarly a little bit. ( I mean at staying in home playing all the time, having chances to pursue an eSports career (in my case, it's League of Legends , I was Grandmaster, but refused to going on Romanian Esports League, at one well known team with good players, because you have to play 18 hours per day and is not worth it ) . Not having problem interacting with girls and people in general, I'm doing good.

It's very weird because I know that I'll never touch videogames in the future, because I'm very sure I want to quit forever and creating my future . But that's all. 11 years it's enough 😄 . It's time for new things and new chapter in my life.

Stay strong , brothers ! Don't quit !

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by AlexStephan99
Grammar, forgot about photo :D
  • Like 1

Day 4. 

To mention, I'm on day 4 without sugar, because I want to avoid sugar the much as possible, maybe that's have another effects on myself.

Previous days I've had urges, irritable and impulsive without reason. I've had no patience, but I didn't relapse and I was calming down after some time. I start to feel some effects of my brain is wanting to play, but I don't want by myself. Interesing.. Even I've dreamed this night I was playing one game, I thought in my dream : '' Oh sh*t, I relapsed, what I do now?'' , but I awake up and everything was good. 

Well, what can I say, is not that hard, but I have to organise my time with activities, like I did those days, quitting from the house, hanging out with friends.. I try to make plans for the spring season, because is not much time left.. I try to put in order my time and to be more active. But first days are harder to make your new habits and everything seems boring because I'm not feeling like I don't get enough satisfaction, but I realise that it's just an illusion. I just have to adapt and the chance will come slowly, but sure.

stay strong, don't quit 😉

Edited by AlexStephan99
  • Like 1

Hey, 

Seems like you're making good first steps, Congrats! Having nightmares of games is normal during the detox. I had a bunch on my first go at it, and last night I also had a nightmare. 

All you can do is let this happen and when you wake up not go and relapse. I don't know about you but I tend to have multiple dreams per night and so I can let the game nightmare pass and then dream of doing the activities that will help me advance in life. I hope the dreams aren't too bad for you 

Good luck on your detox

Best 

Jason

• Like 1

Hello, @Jason70

In the fact, I hadn't really nightmares if I remember well about my dream. It's not a horror , hehe. I had a very weird dream, like, how to explain better...Like I was playing in the real life the actual game. I mean , not on PC or something like that, but in the real life. I was in one place where I remember I logged out from game and I got instantly teleported at one location in my real life... And then, suddenly, my unconscious reacted fast after '' I logged out'' from the game in the dream about my intention to quit game.. I was looking like on the wall,thinking about something important, but after I  instantly remembered about my uncommited goal to quit games , in my thoughts, I said..: '' Oh sh*t , I relapsed. Why?'' . But after, I wake up and I was happy about I didn't play the game , actually.

I never had a dream like this, to be honest. Very weird, but interesing thing, I guess i'll never forget that :D.

Edited by AlexStephan99
  • Like 1

Day 6. 

I type this before to going off on the bed..

I haven't simptoms or tendency to play video games today. I had exams at the university and I passed everything I had previous days and the last one exam, I have to take it, upcoming in 2 days. I had some pretty busy activities in the morning, when I wake up and wrote the previous topic. 

What can I say, I was feeling good today, I guess, one of the best days since my detox journey begun, for sure. Not even a thought about games, nothing, even urges. I had some boring time, but I managed it.

Again, start to talk with some girls from my uni, all good . As I mentioned before, I'm not the type of guy who have problem on interaction with girls in the real life or text. I'm doing pretty good. I've had relationships before, so I get some experience. At the midnight I managed to walk out with one close friend. Then I come in the house and starting to read about driver license and what theory I have to learn before to get practical driving .  

After I finish the exams on the university for this semester, I'll get another activies: I'll start to programming and to get the driver license. I'll get some activity and real life goals. Cannot wait for warm weather, so I can play more football and running on the morning.

Hope you doing well guys .. Don't quit, never give up ! 

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by AlexStephan99
  • Like 3

Day 8..

today I'll speak about my experience about my first week of detox gaming. 

I've had feeling of boredom a lot, more when I stay home. If I didn't had some activities like playing football, walking every night outside, studying for driver licence and some basic stuffs in the house, my experience and chances to relapse would have increased, for sure.. But everything it's fine. I had 2 dreams about games without thinking too much at this during daytime. Basic dreams, not so scary. 

To be honest, was not a easy week, because I'm struggling with boredom and I try to get another solutions to become more active. But I'm on good way, I hope the things will get better the upcoming weeks. 

Stay stronger, keep up the good work, homies. 

Edited by AlexStephan99
  • Like 1

Day 11..

I haven't experienced urges previous days :D. All went good, I was active socially and I'm getting more outside with friends, because the good weather has come . I feel more better right now, I don't think about games too often, like in 3 days I haven't a single thought about this. The experiences are more better than last week, I'm sleeping more better, more active, motivated to do more in my real life. Honestly, first week is very hard, but now I adapted to new routine and I'll try to keep up the good job.

see ya guys, never quit.

• Like 2
  • Like 1

DAY 15 >> WEEK 2 --> 85 DAYS LEFT >> my goal is 100 days detox

I'm have a good mood right now, starting to to basic stuffs in the real life. Sometimes, I get lost listening music too much time when I'm bored at home. What can I say? I get outside too many hours to avoid the boredom and I'm focused at my university courses when I have. 

The second week was very interesing, but a little boring, cause I'm living in a small city and I don't have a lot to do here . But I try to adapt my time next days for studying and getting in touch with my friends more. Have to admit that, had some thoughts to play something, because I see on my news feed on social medias the games I have played before, some friends talking about that and asking me many times: ''when are you gonna playing"?. I guess I'll tell them at the right moment ;).

As I said, the first week was very hard. Just try to get involved in activities and the time will pass fast.

Take care, guys. 

Edited by AlexStephan99

DAY 21 >> WEEK 3 >> 79 DAYS LEFT

I haven't urges those days, I'm more active psihically, involved in sports, walking outside, focusing on college more, I read more about interesing stuffs on the internet. I've had no dreams about games anymore, but I struggle a little bit with boredom still, but I'm learning to manage my time. I'm feeling more better, no more thoughts about games, I realised now they're a huge waste of time and you can't learn a very much from there, if you are determinated to do anything else in real life.

I was thinking about to play chess, but I'll see upcoming weeks if I will play. I don't want to get hooked playing Chess for like hours.

Hope you all doing well guys

Edited by AlexStephan99
Editing for 79 days left
  • Like 3

DAY 28 >>> WEEK 4  >> 72 DAYS LEFT

My sleep pattern has improved a lot, I mean, my sleep schedule resets since when I quit gaming. I can sleep more better, I don't stay till 2-3 am. I'm more rested when I sleep around 7-8-9 hours, depends how tired I am.

I improve  a lot my psihical activity, playing football almost every day and I'm more involved to interact with people in general.

I had  some temptations to gaming, but I used the EMERGENCY BUTTON, going on Discord and trying to interact with people as much as possible. I had avoided the relapse succesfully, because my brain was fully focused on another thing .

In the rest, I'm doing well. My first try on that and I didn't expect to going that well, to be honest. In 3 days I'll achieve full 30 days of detox of gaming ( 13 th February- 15 th March) . 

Stay strong guys . 

Edited by AlexStephan99
  • Like 1