NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Introduction

Aoli

My name is Bobby. I’m 17 years old and first started games when I was 12. When I first started I was addicted. My addiction peaked at 15 years old where I reached 240 lbs and developed Crohn’s disease and it sent me to the hospital for a week. After coming back from the hospital, I quit gaming for six months straight and then got back on after a lack of hobbies. Since then, I developed many new hobbies and got some new friends at school. Despite all this, I couldn’t forsake gaming. The money I invested, the online friends I made, and the time and energy I spent to make any amount of progress. Presently, I can feel myself slowly slipping away as I spend more time in the gym, practicing carpentry, and getting involved in stock trading. I’ve lost 50 pounds, but still another 50 lbs overweight. It’s hard to keep eating healthy although my Crohns will remind me why I can’t have sugar or gluten if I slip off a healthy eating habit. The gaming addiction is keeping me from doing my schoolwork and occupying time that I could be spending in other hobbies. I am pretty self aware of my addiction and I have only to blame myself for falling into it. However, this fact does not make me depressed. It gets me angry and passionate enough to want to stop.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Pochatok said:

Hi Aoli, keep that passion going! Welcome to GameQuitters, I hope you'll like it here 🙂

What are you currently trying to do to help yourself play less?

Right now, I’ve been following the game quitter videos and deleted all my games and accounts just last night. It says to sell my computer, but I need it for stock trading and schoolwork so I’m not sure I will be doing that. I already have plenty of stuff to do around the house like shooting, carpentry, stock trading, boxing, and schoolwork. However, the computer games held priority over these for far too long. I still have discord so that I could talk to my friends, but I don’t know if I should delete that too since all they do is play games and none of them are people I’ve met in real life. Do I delete discord to also delete any temptation of going back to video games?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2021 at 1:56 PM, Aoli said:

Do I delete discord to also delete any temptation of going back to video games?

Well, there are no reasons to keep it, according to your story. And also if it feels like you should do it, go for it. Trust your intuition and yourself.