NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Introduction

rich879

Hi. I've been gaming for a long, long time.

I'm 38, and I've been fascinated by computers and games since I saw Blitz running on a VIC 20. Soon after that, I got a new c64 and basically haven't stopped since. 

I don't care about triple A releases or MMORPG's. The trap I find myself in is a constant need to feed that general fascination, and to experience all the features in the games that have caught my attention. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm high functioning autistic.

There's a lot of information online - and it all comes off like some 2 dimensional crap that anyone could come up with on a whim, and most of it is geared towards teenagers - well, I'm 38 now. I've somehow managed to keep a job and a relationship, like a functioning alcoholic.

There are plenty of things I want to do, but the games are eating my life. 

The idea of choosing to just stop gives me some trepidation because I know I'll fail.

I don't know what to do now so I've just written my piece in here.

• Like 1

Hey Rich, welcome to Gamequitters! Congrats on making it this far already- it will get better from here.

About trepidation: yes, you will most likely fail at first. Very few people who join this forum manage to hit 90 days on the first try. I've been trying to quit for many years now, and only now am past the three week mark. The purpose is not to succeed here, the purpose is to try. Over time you will be able to get closer and closer to 90 days, and that process of failing and trying again is the most important thing here.

Don't be afraid of failure and/or struggle when trying to quit games- both mark progress rather than retreat, although at times it may not seem so. 

I wish you luck and willpower on your journey, and hope to see your journal entries soon! 

Keep us posted,

Po