NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Nerfa 90days Detox

Nerfa

Day1
Decided to stop gaming because it waste time. Sleep is easy I always go to bed at 10pm anyway. Nothing much else since I decide to stop at 9:30pm.
Day2
The urge to play is there, I think I might not be able to hold it if I didn't use Cold Turkey Application to block my games. But. I didn't play in the end, so that's good. I did play one game but that is for research purpose to figure out the game design and I only played for 10minutes. Cyberpunk 2077 is out, but I will not be swayed. Overall, I will call this day to be a success, I learn a lot of game design, done some research about indie games and I also learn some database stuff.
Day3
The urge to play isn't as strong as yesterday but I do realized I spent more time on YouTube finding memes and listen to music. But I did get some work done, as I learn some more database stuff like ERD, normalization and denormalization. Also, I watched anime which I haven't done in a while. Domestic no Kanojo, its not good. Overall I do say its a success because I do get more work done than usual.

Day1

I relapsed. Lets do it again.

Edited by Nerfa
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Moonlight said:

Hello @Nerfa,

Nice to hear that you found the strength to quit video games.

Did you find other activities yet?

greetings,

Moonlight

I am learning blockchain programming and game development at the moment. I have no dream up until this point so I want to try out some of the stuffs that can get me a job to see what I want to do in the future.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Welcome Nerfa! I'm glad you have started experimenting with things, that's a good place to start. One thing I will mention to you, is that without gaming you'll have so much time free for things, so it's important to find some hobbies that you can do for fun, (besides a job) your interested in. I'd also define your goals. What is your dream? What things do you want to achieve? How are you working towards it? These are the things I'd think about because from my 7 days so far, it's easy to just go from gaming to your phone and browsing the internet. I wish you the best of luck on the programming and gaming free life!

Cheers

Jason

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jason70 said:

Welcome Nerfa! I'm glad you have started experimenting with things, that's a good place to start. One thing I will mention to you, is that without gaming you'll have so much time free for things, so it's important to find some hobbies that you can do for fun, (besides a job) your interested in. I'd also define your goals. What is your dream? What things do you want to achieve? How are you working towards it? These are the things I'd think about because from my 7 days so far, it's easy to just go from gaming to your phone and browsing the internet. I wish you the best of luck on the programming and gaming free life!

Cheers

Jason

My goal is ultimately make my own game which I am have some idea in my mind. I already used Cold Turkey Application to block my Games folder and Steam, even if I want to play I can't. I really like ways that block things entirely when I want to stop certain addiction opposed to use willpower to control myself, as willpower is limited. My hobbies has always been Youtube, Video Games and Anime. I hope I can find new hobbies during my game development process like drawing or heck even programming can be a new hobby.