NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Goodbye to playing (and watching!) Hearthstone

Hello everyone,

I'm now 32 and have played pretty much my whole life. In earlier days, nothing too extreme in terms of hours spent or negative impact. However, the last six years, I have only played the digital card game Hearthstone and I've realized it has become a real addiction. I sometimes played several hours into the night and neglected other important things of my life. I realized earlier that it is a problem and tried to stop multiple times. However, I always came back after a few weeks due to my fear of missing out. The game has a very restrictive economy and it is a constant struggle to keep up. I often realized that it was not fun anymore, but always continued playing, grinding for more gold, arcane dust, wins,... One major problem I had was that even if I had quit playing the game, it was still part of my life - following reddit discussions, watching Hearthstone content on youtube or twitch.

Now, with the introduction of a battlepass, I had enough. The battlepass is designed to be even more addictive. I have decided to quit, but this time for good. I have put my account for sale and started GameQuitters. No more games, no more gaming videos, no more reading about games on the web!

I am hopeful that I will close this chapter of my life and spend some more time on the things that are important to me.

• Like 3

welcome @zlidaCaosgi,

struggling with video game addiction can be a hard time. Just know that you are in the best place to heal. We all can relate to such things and provide support for each other.

First I want you to know that however you may feel, its okay. Allow yourself to feel like you want to feel.

As for quitting, selling or deleting accounts is a good way to start. Selling or hiding the equipment you have can also help.

I would love to hear more from you in your daily journals. Those will help you to speak up your mind and telling us how you feel each day. It also gives us the opportunity to give more specific advise for you.

Greetings,

Moonlight