NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journey with quitting video games so far

Moonlight

Hello to all,

this is my first journal after 19 days of not gaming. In the first moments of quitting video games I immediately felt anxious and stressed. After a couple of days it got better and at some point I didn't feel any cravings anymore. 

Before I continue I first want to say thank you to @MuMuMelon, @Le North Dreamerand @Pochatok for a quick reply on my first message in the forum and giving me some advice on my thoughts.

(as a backstory I played 8-10 hours a day)

When I stopped I immediately deleted all of my accounts and sold my hole equipment on eBay (one of the best decisions in my life so far). Now, I only got a MacBook for some office tasks if I need it.

At first I didn't know what to do with my time but soon I started to fill my day with some little activities. Most of the time I am reading some books. Im currently going for a run every 2nd day. Im really happy to see that I spend way more time with my family then before I stopped with gaming. As for some resting activities I like to chill on my bed and listen to some podcasts. 

I am really glad that I stopped with gaming. It just feels like I´m really starting live now. Im also very happy about the support you can get through the community in this forum!

Thank you so much for reading!

Greetings,

Moonlight

Edited by Moonlight
  • Like 4
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @Pochatok,

It’s going really good now thx for asking.

I’m on day 55 without playing video games and the results are amazing so far!

i noticed that I have become way more social on my workplace. My appearance got better and I started to aim for goals in my life.

through my journey I also got a lot of cravings to play video games. But then I just reminded me of the reason I stopped playing: no progress in life.

Back in the day I always woke up with the feeling that nothing changed. I was still the guy trapped in a underpayed position, the guy that couldn’t talk to people, the one that could aim for nothing but games.

But since I stopped it feels like i restarted my life. Yesterday I got my promotion for a higher section at my company. I’m so incredibly happy now :)

I hope it’s going good for you as well 

greetings,

Moonlight

• Like 3

Oh myyyy, this is so freakin inspirational! Congrats on your success, seems like it was really worth it 🙂

I was actually thinking of playing right now (I am really tired from work) but now I'm sure I'll paint instead. 

Keep it up, I hope you will continue to be able to shape your life positively,

Po

• Like 1