NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Is it possible to get addicted to this forum?

Kombat749

Transitory addictions like nicotine patch addiction for recovering smokers is a common experience. If you are worried about forum addiction, you could use a Chrome extension like Leechblock or Undistracted to block this website at specific times.

I found daily journals to be too addictive so I do weekly journals on tue or wed and reply to other threads whenever I feel like it but that is just me. Other people find the commitment of daily journals keeps them on track. Figure out what works for you. Experiment.

Edited by Bird By Bird

Thanks a lot guys. @James Good and @Bird By Bird. What you guys say makes sense. However, I think since it was my first time using a forum (since I only read them, but never respond[I do not bother creating an account]). i think I got that working fine because now I check it only twice a day or so, and have disabled all notifications.

BTW, how do I check if someone has DM'ed something to me?

Anyways, Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haha this question has been wondering around in my head for awhile now, given how much I post here. I don't think it's the forum I'm addicted to, but the people and their stories. But then, can you really can that an addiction, if what it is is simply social interaction? I try to limit myself to 2-3 posts in morning and the evening, and then just don't visit the website at other times. Yes, turning notification emails off helps a lot too!

I found I spent a lot of time here early on in the process. That tapered off as I found new hobbies and interests to fill my time. I wouldn't worry about it too much early on, unless you're finding yourself still compulsively browsing months later.

Early on, there's worse things you can read than a bunch of people verifying that yes, putting the games aside is a good call.

Edited by Commissar

I don't go on the forum everyday but only once in 3 or so days. I usually just post things in my daily journal about my accomplishments and then once in a while when I am stuck in life I go to ask the community. The good thing about this community is it's not like social media where the most popular guys show up in your home page so I don't think you can easily get addicted to this forum unless if it is the only thing in your life that satisfies you.