NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Quitting games for good!

Hello all!

My name is Andrew and I have come back here after a long and destructive relapse.

Gaming had ceased to be an important aspect of my life for years until a couple of traumatic events coupled with the isolation of the pandemic forced me back into its embrace.

The relapse was deliberate and planned. I purchased a new computer with the intention of renewing something I remembered fondly as an engaging and fun hobby. What I got was a parasite which quickly devoured my will to study, socialize, and pursue excellence of any nature. Over four months my gaming ramped up from around 2-3 hours a day to around 8. I even dropped university courses to accommodate my game time (there were over motivations, however, gaming certainly factored into the equation). 

Initially, the gaming was satisfying for all the reasons you can imagine it was. I was able to quickly achieve, ranking up in online games and winning matches at a rate no real life accomplishments can be made. I was also able to meet people at an astonishing rate, making friendships with the ease and speed that is impossible in real life. Despite this, these experiences felt hollow, and eventually the knowledge that I was simply engaging in a great escape from real life led me to quit. The last straw was when I met a fellow named Alex whose current life can be summarized by waking up, smoking some pot, and playing games all day while the government cheuques come raining in. This was a wake up call, and I was revolted at the thought that this could easily be me if I continue along this trajectory. 

Hence, I am here to stay. I never want to return to this dark addiction. I am going to embark on a journey of self-development to build character and resolve.