NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Luis Felipe's Daily Journal

A New Man

Hi Community

I'm starting a daily journal, since I feel it will make things easier to share my experiences and challenges here as a journal.

Regarding gaming, friday is usually the worst day to me. Often I play online games until 3am, and repeat this on saturday. Not that time, though.

Lately I haven't been playing (during the week), and that's the first time (after I started gaming again during the pandemic) that I'm going to do it on friday/weekend.

I'm gonna try to write twice a day, so I first write about my expectations, and then I wrote about the results on the end of the day.

Have an awesome day, you are gonna make it!

PS: Starting the thread with a photo I took in Paris, so I always remember that life is way more than just gaming and staying home (of course I'm not talking about the pandemic, but just about how gaming restrict your dreams!).

IMG_0159.JPG

• Like 4

Daily journal! 

I failed completely and I played for 6 hours in a row on friday. Then I had cardiac arrhythmia, and had to go to the hospital. I`m ok now.

Well, enough is enough. I just requests my Steam account deletion and I`m waiting for a Riot`s ticket for further information on my account, so then I can request League of Legends account deletion (irreversible actions).

Starting a new era in my life, right now.

Wish me luck.

• Like 2

Third day with no gaming at all. Also, disabled or deactivated most social media accounts. 

Feeling great with no distractions. 

Steam account: deleted

League of Legends account: waiting for 30 days so I get enough information to request the account deletion (ugh)

Facebook: 500+ fake friends deleted. Installed browser extension to block newsfeed

Instagram: Uninstalled, but I keep the account.

Twitter: Account deleted.

Edited by Luis Felipe
  • Like 2

I failed completely and I played for 6 hours in a row on friday.

Same thing happened to me my first attempt. Didn't even last 24 hours before going on a heavy binge. I didn't end up in the hospital thankfully though lol. Getting rid of everything has absolutely been crucial to making it through the early days. Grats on that. And also on the social media purge.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lampshade said:

Same thing happened to me my first attempt. Didn't even last 24 hours before going on a heavy binge. I didn't end up in the hospital thankfully though lol. Getting rid of everything has absolutely been crucial to making it through the early days. Grats on that. And also on the social media purge.

Thanks for the support! Did you quit gaming completely? For much time haven`t you been playing?

• Like 1

I quit multiplayer games about 6 months ago when they caused something bad to happen in my life and things were better. My single-player game usage slowly rose and a month ago I went on a 3-week binge, something bad happened again because of that, and I quit completely 6 days ago. If games are in my life at all they are too tempting of an escape for me when life gets difficult. It's been a rough quit, but I'm very slowly catching up on the things that I neglected during that latest binge. It's amazing how much work it takes to just get back to normal.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 3:30 PM, Lampshade said:

I quit multiplayer games about 6 months ago when they caused something bad to happen in my life and things were better. My single-player game usage slowly rose and a month ago I went on a 3-week binge, something bad happened again because of that, and I quit completely 6 days ago. If games are in my life at all they are too tempting of an escape for me when life gets difficult. It's been a rough quit, but I'm very slowly catching up on the things that I neglected during that latest binge. It's amazing how much work it takes to just get back to normal.

Wow, I see. I also see multi-player gaming as the most toxic... And yeah, it takes a lot of work, I feel like trying to move a mountain, but it`s slowly moving, day after day.

Day 4 here! We can do it!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, giblets said:

Mate you're making some huge changes and I am inspired. I remember those initial days where the is so much potential, it was very exciting.

I hope you're all good now health-wise. That is one of our greatest assets, our health!

Thanks for the support, brother. How are you doing? How`s your current gaming situation?

Edited by Luis Felipe
  • Like 1

Day 5 here. Not a single urge until now. I know things are going to get harder, but maybe what happened to me made it easier to not want to go back gaming for now.

I also improved my diet, and doing NoFap (day 6 now!).

I am organizing a coding bootcamp, and more than 700 people already watched the first video.

Feeling awesome. We can do it, brothers.

• Like 1

Day 7! A week ago I had to go to the hospital after playing 6 hours in a row. 

Yesterday I finished presenting a free coding course. The YouTube videos have more than 1k views together, and there is more than 100 people in the community Discord.

Have a great weekend, brothers and sisters.

• Like 1

Phew. Congratulations on two weeks, Luis! Loving reading your journey. I know I'm a couple of weeks late here, but that picture of Paris looks incredible.

Currently trying to learn python myself for work; so quietly in awe that you're running coding workshops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commissar said:

Phew. Congratulations on two weeks, Luis! Loving reading your journey. I know I'm a couple of weeks late here, but that picture of Paris looks incredible.

Currently trying to learn python myself for work; so quietly in awe that you're running coding workshops.

Thank you very much for the support, @Commissar

Python is a great language, I developed my major final project using it. Let me know if I can help you (in coding career in general, or even with Python).