NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Among us addiction

NEXRAD

Just uninstalled bluestacks from my computer. I had done the 90 detox and had started to feel great, but then came COVID and quarantine and isolation. During this time I reached out to one of my long-time buddies. He told that he would like to hang out via discord and also told me that I should play among us with a group of friends that he had. I started playing and hanging out with them but the damn game was addictive. I started to feel like I should play more with friends and slowly watched the time I played go up. It started with 30 minutes and then increased to 60 min and then to 90 min and finally reached the three and half hours mark. It was relapse, but thankfully I caught myself and uninstalled the game from my computer immediately. I am the sort of person that either completely abstains from video games or plays them three hours a day. Hopefully, I won't relapse in the short term future, but the lesson is (if you are like me): stay away from among us, it is addictive and it is really easy to relapse into a phase where you game three hours a day. Hopefully my mistakes help others to avoid the same path.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem as you OP. I either abstain from games completely of end up gaming during all me free time.

We have to know our psychological vulnerabilities. Unfortunately for the unlucky of us, no gaming at all is the only viable alternative.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried that game too, but weirdly I always ended up playing with people who spoke either turkish or russian in the chat and they totally ignored all english speaking people. That kind of diminished the main point of the game, discussing who the culprit might be, was utterly pointless. Frustrated I uninstalled after giving among us a chance after a few rounds.

Still I can totally see how the game would be more fun with a group of capable English speaking people, or people you know that all speak the same language, but it's not addictive at all if you play with random people who often do whatever they please & selfishly ruin the experience of others. Whether it is by design or just because they are not able to does not matter. It's frustrating nonetheless.

Edited by Silent3d

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 8:47 AM, dasvira said:

I have the same problem as you OP. I either abstain from games completely of end up gaming during all me free time.

We have to know our psychological vulnerabilities. Unfortunately for the unlucky of us, no gaming at all is the only viable alternative.

Yeah, sometimes it is frustrating to see that there are some people that can handle gaming in moderation. It makes me feel like a loser for not being able to control my habits and my time properly. But that is just how my psychology works. I do tend to be a person who can get addicted very easily to games.