NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

The Calling

Velhic

You know that voice in your head that keeps telling you do something and you never listen?

No matter the situation or goal, mine always says, “first step is to quit playing video games.” And until now I have never listened, or only half-assed this monumental task.

It seems so hugely impossible to quit playing video games, as it’s so entrenched into my life. My dad, my friends, all play together every day, twice a day.

When I go to sleep, I’m thinking of strategies and when I wake up, I power on and start shirking the responsibilities of real life and continue on the infinite power struggle.

I’ve never followed through on anything in my life, so I’m going to try to make this the first.

I’m going to need the most help when it comes to separating ties with my “gamer group”, because they’re gonna think it’s them, and not the games.

Oh well first step forward, I posted.

Thanks for reading,

Velhic

• Like 4

Try to find a new social group that is based upon another hobby or work or your personal/spiritual interests. That will satisfy your social desires.

Also don't underestimate the power of telling the gamer group what you are doing. I was so embarrassed about this being an addiction that I did not tell anyone for ages. But then finally someone asked me why I hadn't logged onto a game for so long and after being one of the main guild leaders. I just blurted it all out to them, and told them that I want to give up gaming because it is getting in the way of what I want to achieve in life. I was worried about his response, but it turns out he was thinking of doing the same thing but didn't know how to make the first step. Three or four years later (I can't remember), neither of us have ever logged back in, and we're as good mates as ever.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate the advice it’s gonna be a shake up for sure.

I’m planning on quitting cold turkey before the end of the year, and I’m just figuring out ways to plan my days so I’m not tempted to plug in ever again.