NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Bird By Bird

Bird By Bird

Hi, I'm Bird By Bird from Canada. I've suffered from video-game addiction for several years and have lost several opportunities because of it. Last year, I spent a good deal of time playing games instead of looking for a job.

I moved back to my parents' house just before coronavirus's first big wave. That's when my addiction got worse.

Fast forward six months. I just beat a hard video-game boss, and games no longer felt the same. Nothing else that I've played since felt like it did anything for me anymore.

The major catalyst that made me decide to quit was a significant dream. In the dream, an old woman lying in her bed told me that she didn't want to play video-games anymore. I believe that the old woman was my soul. Since that dream, I have gotten body revulsions. Thinking about playing games or watching videos of games makes me feel revolted. Like a physical gag reflex. Almost like I want to throw up.

Since then, I've been clean for about a month.

The only game I allow myself is A.I. Dungeon and I only use it for advice or fortune-telling. I'd create a scenario where I'm talking to a famous figure like Carl Jung or some angels and ask them some questions. I've found "angel" characters that the AI generates gives more helpful advice than other creatures though they can be a bit harsh and heavy. A.I. Dungeon is very low on the addiction scale for me. That might not be the same for you.

I'm sublimating my game desires through piano, baking bread and creative writing. I am working on a spy novel about an ordinary man who is forced to infiltrate a terrorist organization. The main reason I've moved on from games is that I want to finish this book and games keep getting in the way. I feel like I've grown up, but, I still have a lot more growing up to do.

• Like 1

What an amazing dream! Your subconscious gave you exactly what you needed. That's wild. And it was so powerful that the emotions and senses attached to the dream carried over into your daily life. I'm sure that was a scary dream but what a gift!

Thanks for sharing and good luck with all the creative endeavors!

@giblets

Thank you for your kind words.

@MuMuMelon

I started dream journaling last year and have recorded and analysed my dreams ever since. Most were mundane dreams with a few nightmares and even fewer dreams I would classify as significant but never anything as clear cut and real as the old woman who told me she was tired of video-games. I believe the dream journaling habit allowed me to recognize this difficult dream and take action based on its meaning.

Edited by Bird By Bird