NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

The withdrawals are harder than I ever thought they would be

Alagos

They seem to hit me the hardest in the noon time. I just feel so fatigued and my whole body aches. I'm about a month in. 

The cravings have gotten easier, looking at how far I've come I don't have the desire to play games and since I've been game free this long I realize even though gaming has been my identity for so many years (I am 32), I'm not a huge fan of video games. I like them for story telling, but I do not enjoy the challenge and how they make me stressed out. I mostly like RPG type games for the immersive and story telling experience, but at the same time I get very angry and stressed out during challenging parts and after being quit of games for this long I find myself a lot more relaxed which is nice. I also spent too many years in MMOs and I felt that was very toxic cos people tend to be jerks online and it's nice to be free from that too!

However I have been physically and mentally addicted to video games and the withdrawals are HARD. Video games were my stimulation for all these years and without them I feel so tired, I just lay in bed tired and wired and fatigued and aching and it's AWFUL. 

My goal is to make it to November 18. That will be just over 90 days for me and it will be the day before Cyberpunk releases. That is the only game I really look forward to in 2020. I don't feel tempted to play anything now cos looking at all my games none of them seem worth getting stressed out over right now! Excited for CP cos i do like cd projekt red on principle and it should be a good RPG and i'm excited to immerse in a new high quality story and universe and I plan to go into it fresh without any reviews or guides on youtube and just enjoy and discover it all for myself!

There are certain things that can positively affect your willpower.

1. Get enough sleep - don't stay up late (said the guy posting at 11:40pm)
  2. Practice good nutrition
  3. Get out into the sun now and then.

After that, all I can suggest is to have alternate (non entertainment) activities to do.  I bought a sketchbook and started drawing (like a 5 year old).  I also got this book called How to write a Novel Using the Snowflake Method and I have been slowly writing two novels.  It will take about 75 years at the rate I am going, but it's fun to finally be pushing these projects along. 

Other activities I engage in are things like home repair - I have some baseboards to put up and if the temp ever goes below 105F out here, I'll repaint the trim on my house.

As far as waiting for a new game goes, well it's your life, but that game is just going to chew up all your free time and you'll end up right back here in 5 years telling us how hard it is to withdraw.  Totally your choice, of course, and you'll always be welcome in here if you need help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Some Yahoo said:

There are certain things that can positively affect your willpower.

1. Get enough sleep - don't stay up late (said the guy posting at 11:40pm)
  2. Practice good nutrition
  3. Get out into the sun now and then.

After that, all I can suggest is to have alternate (non entertainment) activities to do.  I bought a sketchbook and started drawing (like a 5 year old).  I also got this book called How to write a Novel Using the Snowflake Method and I have been slowly writing two novels.  It will take about 75 years at the rate I am going, but it's fun to finally be pushing these projects along. 

Other activities I engage in are things like home repair - I have some baseboards to put up and if the temp ever goes below 105F out here, I'll repaint the trim on my house.

As far as waiting for a new game goes, well it's your life, but that game is just going to chew up all your free time and you'll end up right back here in 5 years telling us how hard it is to withdraw.  Totally your choice, of course, and you'll always be welcome in here if you need help.

right on makes sense! Yeah i notice since i've started this journey my place is a lot cleaner and I'm doing small projects like actually cleaning my shower and getting new curtains and I'm planning to get and install a new shower head cos the one i have is disgusting, I'm planning to buy a nice quality one to make showers more enjoyable! 

Btw I like the quote in your sig, better to live with false hope than false despair, so true! Kanye west is insane, but the fact that he believes in himself so much, even at an insane level, is a huge factor in his success 

Edited by Alagos
  • Like 2